Free Member
Jul 27, 2014
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph Approach
Exp
We're newbies!
We have recently bought a Dethleff A850. Very pleased with it. It comes with an oyster self seeking Satelite system. At the moment we can pick up seemingly just a few freebie chanell a.

We have sky at home..... Fine,

How do we go about getting set up for sky in motor home? Rather than pay none stop monthly fees for sky that we will use only a few weeks a year..... Is it possible to get some kid Nd of pay as you use facility with sky? IE. Going off for a couple of weeks of course Id like to buy sky, but don't really want to be paying 52 weeks of the year when I only use mobile home a few weeks of the year.

Any ideas and thoughts M&S welcome.

Regards to all

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Don't think so. You could take your Sky box from home away in the van with you though, that way you would get maximum benefit from one subscription. Of course unless you have one of the rare (mythical?) 12v ones you will need either EHU or an inverter to use it.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
With your current system you should be able to pick up numerous freesat channels not just a few. I think the self-seeking isn't so to speak. This needs sorting first then look at Sky, but I don't think there is any PAYG version other than Now TV which is internet only.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
I take my one of my sky boxes in the van every trip and so does a well known trader on here, SWMB obeyed occasionally, couldn't live without her soaps.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
We have a Pace 12v Sky box and the card works just fine in it.
Apparently the movie package and sports package will not work when you move the card from box to box, but as we have the entertainment package ( no interest in sport and we have hard drives full of films ! ) that is of no issue for us

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
We just take our box, why not if there's no one at home to miss it. Ours goes with us in the van or on a flight to the Faroes but don't tell Sky that. :)

Southampton

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 16, 2011
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
We take our Sky box and card from home, get the same as when home apart from those services that need a phone line connected.

Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning
We take our Sky box and card from home, get the same as when home apart from those services that need a phone line connected.
I believe it's only Multiroom that needs a phone line connected. Even then, Sky randomly call the phone number registered to the box/account - if they don't get a reply, you get a warning. Do it twice, and they charge you for a second account.

Southampton

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 16, 2011
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
I have multi room and take the box from upstairs. We don't have a phone line connected to it at home so no different in the van. we have been doing it this way for a good number of years and not had any issues.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back