Crossings Motorhome Tours (1 Viewer)

O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
Hi. Has anyone been on a Crossings Motorhome Tour? If so, how did you get on?
Although we enjoy travelling around Europe on our own or with friends we thought we would give this company a try. We went with GB Privilege to Germany a few years ago and had a good time and have kept in touch with some of the others that we met ever since.
This time we are joining ten other vans on a tour to Provence in June. Are you one of them?
Regards.

Last edited by a moderator:

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
Yes, we are one of them. We went to meet Bob and Wendy at the NEC as we had just booked the first place to Provence. They are really lovely people and we're really looking forward to going in June and meeting you and the other 8 travellers. We booked as the RV is the first motorhome we've bought and were a little nervous about travelling in Europe for the first time.

OP
OP
O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
Yes, we are one of them. We went to meet Bob and Wendy at the NEC as we had just booked the first place to Provence. They are really lovely people and we're really looking forward to going in June and meeting you and the other 8 travellers. We booked as the RV is the first motorhome we've bought and were a little nervous about travelling in Europe for the first time.

Hi both. Good to hear from you. That's a biggie to start with!!
You will be well looked after so nothing to do but follow the guidelines and enjoy the trip.
One thing I found some of the other "novices" were unaware of on our GB trip was the need to take an electrical polarity tester and a "change polarity" cable or device with you just in case we end up at a badly wired campsite somewhere on the trip.
As you say, looking forward to meeting up with everyone. Won't be long now.
::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
Thanks for the tip on the polarity tester, I'll get one just in case. Let's see if any other funsters are part of the trip

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Just looked at there website, seems good value. Keep us Posted on how it went and some pics please. (y)

OP
OP
O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
Hi. Has anyone been on a Crossings Motorhome Tour? If so, how did you get on?
Although we enjoy travelling around Europe on our own or with friends we thought we would give this company a try. We went with GB Privilege to Germany a few years ago and had a good time and have kept in touch with some of the others that we met ever since.
This time we are joining ten other vans on a tour to Provence in June. Are you one of them?
Regards.

Hi.
Just bringing this back to the front of the queue!
Surly there are other funsters that have tried or are about to try out this company?
Hope to hear from you. :smiley:

OP
OP
O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
Recieved our travel pack today. Sites all booked, Routes worked out, both Toll and non Toll, having said that we don't have to follow them. Good advice about what to take and what to expect.
Looking forward to meeting up with Allan and Loren too. :hi:

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
We received our pack too and were very impressed with the amount of detail, advice, etc. really looking forward to this trip and meeting old soldier too. Just under 7 weeks before we go. Happy holidays :)

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
Hi, never been on a tour but we bumped into this couple on a site in amsterdam last week. They seem lovely and friendly. One of their group had a van with xxxx FUN reg plate.
Am sure you will have a great time.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Really interested to see how you both go on.
Although we've been to France in the car we have yet to take the mh and tbh I think Les is a bit apprehensive about it......something like this may be the answer...

OP
OP
O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
Although we've been to France in the car we have yet to take the mh and tbh I think Les is a bit apprehensive about it......something like this may be the answer...

This type of tour seems to suit both beginners and old hands alike. Our trip with GB Privilege had more organised visits than this one but it cost double the amount. We found it gave the newby's a good start and with many around to give advise and help. The best bit was we met nice people and have kept in touch with many of them, intact there are a few of us all meeting up again behind the Rodney Stoke Inn this coming weekend......:drink::beerchug::wine::cheers:

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
.....just realised (or have I imagined it) 3 of us have a partner called Les?:LOL:

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
We've not been abroad with the RV yet, only caravans and pre booked to stay in one main site. Loved the idea of touring but a bit apprehensive for the first time. We met Bob and Wendy at the nec after finding their company on google search. Loved the Provence tour itinerary and the fact that we can either join in or be left to do our own thing but all the time with the experience of Bob and Wendy to call on if needed. Can't wait to go.

OP
OP
O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
We've not been abroad with the RV yet, only caravans and pre booked to stay in one main site. Loved the idea of touring but a bit apprehensive for the first time. We met Bob and Wendy at the nec after finding their company on google search. Loved the Provence tour itinerary and the fact that we can either join in or be left to do our own thing but all the time with the experience of Bob and Wendy to call on if needed. Can't wait to go.

Make sure you bring a tow rope Allen, my old girl is a bit long in the tooth these days, might need some help!! Oh, and the van is getting on a bit too....:think:

Oct 20, 2014
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 680 SL
Exp
Since 2014
We met Bob & Wendy as well in October 2013 at the NEC Birmingham and liked them very much. We had thought about going to France and I was feeling a bit ginger about it, so thanks for raising this, we will definitely consider this option. :LOL:

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
Just checked out their website...it does look good and I love that they do a dog friendly tour :)
Look forward to your feedback.....

Aug 7, 2007
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 195
Exp
since 1975
Had a look at their web site thought most of the tours very expensive for 7 days !! We are going to Spain next month for 5 weeks and the ferry and the site is only costing ÂŁ550 !! We will be using the Aires en route there and back, most of the ones we like are FOC !!
The only tour that we both fancy is the on to Sweden, that looks//sounds great.
Horses for courses !!

OP
OP
O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
This time in four weeks we will be on our way. Really looking forward to it. Anyone else joining us or going on other Crossings tours.
Allen and Loren, you ready to go? :happy:

WAG2CRU

Free Member
May 31, 2012
Argyll
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654SL Star Edition
Exp
since2012
Funnily enough, if we stick to the current plan we are heading towards Annecy, Provence and the Cote de Azure at that time, will keep an eye out(y)

OP
OP
O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
Funnily enough, if we stick to the current plan we are heading towards Annecy, Provence and the Cote de Azure at that time, will keep an eye out(y)

Ok, ours is a white van with Gazelles on the cab doors!!!::bigsmile:::bigsmile:. I was going to say it's a Fiat and a Swift to boot, but felt I had better stay silent for fear of reprisals!:think:
Apart from a few Cruise ship stop offs we have never been down that way so really looking forward to it.

In answer to tjay's post, I agree, prices are a bit on the high side compared to doing your own thing. We will let you all know if we feel it was money well spent or not when we get back.:happy:

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
Hi Pete,

Did last minute shopping on Saturday, high viz jackets, t shirts, etc

Got RV in for a service, picking up tomorrow. Speaking to Brian as need new tyres!

Really looking forward to it.

WAG2CRU we'll look out for you too. Our RV should be easy to spot, it's got a mural on the back like a scene from the lion king.

Loren & Allan

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
Hmm... Wish I'd seen this before, it looks as though it would have been perfect for us :unsure:
Have a wonderful trip @Old Soldier and @Allan & Loren :) and @WAG2CRU of course
Thanks CWH. We decided to do it as not been abroad yet with the RV, only got it last sept and decided safety in numbers. Will post photos and let you all know how it goes.

Reactions: CWH
OP
OP
O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
Hi Pete,

Did last minute shopping on Saturday, high viz jackets, t shirts, etc

Got RV in for a service, picking up tomorrow. Speaking to Brian as need new tyres!

Really looking forward to it.

WAG2CRU we'll look out for you too. Our RV should be easy to spot, it's got a mural on the back like a scene from the lion king.

Loren & Allan

Hi. Are you both stopping at the Little Satmar campsite near Folkstone on the Friday evening. We are and so are some of the others on the tour.
If there is anything you are unsure about then give me a shout, that's if you have not picked up the tips and tricks on this site. :smiley:

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
They seem bloody expensive. :Eeek: What are you getting apart from ferry crossings for those prices?

OP
OP
O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
They seem bloody expensive. :Eeek: What are you getting apart from ferry crossings for those prices?

I asked myself that when I first went on the GB Privalige tour which cost a lot more for less days. Although I love to plan and be on our own in Europe I also found it was great to be with other motorhomes and touring round at the same time. The main thing that came out of that tour was some lasting friendships, people on that tour that we still meet up with and who's company we enjoy.
This tour hopefully will do the same, we will all tour around the pre planned and paid for sites with the freedom to choose our own routes or with the protective guidance of the tour guides. They will also provide all the information to allow us to visit special places and interesting attractions in the various areas we pass through. For those who are not familuar with touring abroad it will give them peace of mind that there are experienced tour guides and others who will ensure they can enjoy their experience without the worry associated with travelling abroad for the first time.
For Les and I it will be the chance of making new friends and enjoying a pre planned ( by someone else for a change!!) holiday in an area that we have never toured around in.
It may not suit everyone but I know it will make a nice change for us and hope it will be money well spent. :happy:

http://www.crossingsmotorhometours.co.uk/our-tours/a-taste-of-provence/

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back