Three contract sim not working on return from Spain, any ideas? (1 Viewer)

Jul 2, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki Tag, 2007.
Exp
Friends have left Benidorm and are now in France, they have a 3 contract sim in their ipad and one in their phone.

On the way down both worked fine. They took the sim out of the ipad whilst in Spain and used a local one during their 3 months there. Now they have put the 3 sim back into the ipad and the internet is not working, data roaming is on, the iphone seems to be ok except facetime does not work.

Does anyone know why the ipad sim might not work? Maybe after 3 months of not being used it is de-activated in some way maybe.

Thanks

OP
OP
Encantador
Jul 2, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Exp
Has anyone spent more than a month outside then come back into France and had no issues with a 3 contract sim?

Thanks

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Are they sure it is a contract sim? Alternatively, put the phone sim in and see what happens. This should show if it is a hardware fault. The phone sim should work initially in the tablet before Three twig and send a snottergram.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Can't believe this but as you know if you have read my other posts , I have a Chinese phablet with a pay and go 3, 321 sim in and it has worked everywhere without fail but our normal phones with the same type of sim in have failed all over the place, would have thought this cheapo would have been crap but just can't not get a signal ,its been on nonstop for over a week on the £15 addon, used it for calls and texts as well when the phones wouldn't work

OP
OP
Encantador
Jul 2, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Exp
Thanks for the replies.

I assume that the problems is with the Spanish sim having changed something.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: DBK

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back