Life does not get any better. (1 Viewer)

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Sitting outside my trailer in the baking sun of 25.8 degrees but under the shade of the awning, I got to thinking how good life is. An aperitif of Pineau Des Charentes from a bottle that was kindly given to me by an elderly French lady. A tapas of Jamon Curado on hot crusty bread, with those lovely pink onions Cebolla Roja. A couple of glasses of Rioja then a few fresh strawberries and ice cream. The part time Benidormers have all gone home leaving us hard core snowbirds to our simple pleasures.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Sounds wonderful, but I still wouldn't swap you for a spring morning at my cottage in the New Forest, but then if we were all the same we'd all be either in Benidorm or my little corner of Hampshire and that wouldn't do at all;

Enjoy, I am!

Oct 20, 2014
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 680 SL
Exp
Since 2014
Snowbird, I read your title the other way, so am very glad your story is a happy one after all! Sounds idyllic! :LOL:

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
Sitting on sofa in lounge.. (can see the sun is out - via window).. cleaning duties all done.. Log burner on (jus for effect mind!!)... Vodka & fresh orange near-by (afterall it is the weekend - i think)... Gold radio eminating from cable broadband via TV...
Surfing all things motorhoming and travelling ....

Pick it up on the 13th of nxt month.. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Sitting outside my trailer in the baking sun of 25.8 degrees but under the shade of the awning, I got to thinking how good life is. An aperitif of Pineau Des Charentes from a bottle that was kindly given to me by an elderly French lady. A tapas of Jamon Curado on hot crusty bread, with those lovely pink onions Cebolla Roja. A couple of glasses of Rioja then a few fresh strawberries and ice cream. The part time Benidormers have all gone home leaving us hard core snowbirds to our simple pleasures.

Wish I was there :)

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Sounds wonderful, but I still wouldn't swap you for a spring morning at my cottage in the New Forest, but then if we were all the same we'd all be either in Benidorm or my little corner of Hampshire and that wouldn't do at all;

Enjoy, I am!

Ahh, my grandfather used to tell me tales about the New Forest told to him by his father, of the days they used to park up there deep in the forest coppicing. Times have change eh.

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
Sitting in my lounge, cup of rooibos watching the clouds scud by, one dog asleep snuggled beside me, the other chewing on a toy. Daffodils are out, birds are singing, the magnolia is in bud, as is the weeping cherry tree and the chickens are laying. All is well. Happy weekend everyone. :D

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
Sitting in my lounge, cup of rooibos watching the clouds scud by, one dog asleep snuggled beside me, the other chewing on a toy. Daffodils are out, birds are singing, the magnolia is in bud, as is the weeping cherry tree and the chickens are laying. All is well. Happy weekend everyone. :D

That's my kind of life couldn't get much better. (y)

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
Just got in from a wander round some local drinking establishments in celebration of Ms Tigs birthday eve. Nice glow and as we shut the door it started chucking it down. Kids all out for the evening or at other parents and Friends coming over later to order in and enjoy more hard liquor then big family thing tomorrow..

Wouldn't swap today but probably would on Monday...

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Just got in from a wander round some local drinking establishments in celebration of Ms Tigs birthday eve. Nice glow and as we shut the door it started chucking it down. Kids all out for the evening or at other parents and Friends coming over later to order in and enjoy more hard liquor then big family thing tomorrow..

Wouldn't swap today but probably would on Monday...

Happy birthday eve to Ms Tigs :party2:

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
forest coppicing

It doesn't really happen any more Dave, a local firm comes and removes a fallen tree or trees that are in danger of falling, but tree management is gone.

I have severely cut back one tree in my garden with the intention of removing the stump and root system the following spring and hey presto it grows at an alarming rate and I have just discovered coppicing.

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I would rather be naked in the New Forest and up to my neck in snow with a blizzard blowing than in Benidorm at any time... :rofl:

JJ :cool:
Has it stopped raining over the border yet JJ.

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Now that is lovely stuff, most people outside of France have never drank it..... one of my fave drinks (y)
I have tasted the white before, but never the rose. The rose is superb but I think one glass as an aperitif is enough. More and I would be in serious trouble.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back