Possible safety plan in case of fire (1 Viewer)

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Possible Safety Plan, these are just my thoughts, but this is the sort of plan we have made and we make sure everyone who is traveling with us knows their suggested exit routes and equipment location if required.

1. Exiting from Bed 1 if a fire starts in and around the cooker:-

Exit Route Method ____________________________________ __________________________________________________

Do You need any equipment to aide your exit
Fire Extinguisher Yes/No
Fire Blanket Yes/No
Hammer to break windows Yes/No
Other___________________________

2. Exiting from Bed 2 if a fire starts in and around the main heating boiler:-

Exit Route Method ____________________________________ __________________________________________________

Fire Extinguisher Yes/No
Fire Blanket Yes/No

3. Exiting from Bed 3 if a fire starts from in and around the dash/cab/engine compartment etc area :-

Fire Existinguisher Yes/No
Fire Blanket Yes/No

4. Exiting from Bed 3 if a fire starts from in and around the Television/Saterllite Box etc area :-

Fire Existinguisher Yes/No
Fire Blanket Yes/No

Repeat above for each sleeping position and or possible source of a fire

I mention the equipment to aide your escape as if your only exit route is towards the possible source of the fire you may wish to install additional fire extinguishers or blankets near to the sleeping area so you can use them to form a shield to aide your escape route.

If you have identified that you may need additional equipment to aide your escape e.g. hammer etc then I would suggest you make them easily accessible from the sleeping area also.

This list is not meant as a fully inclusive list it is just an example of what I have done myself that I thought may be useful to others

I hope it helps, please add any additional suggestions.

Last edited:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
i also have an escape plan in case of fire while in bed.....

the only equipment i need is attached to my leg.....
our particular vehicles are surrounded by windows.

plastic windows.....size 10 foot....17stone propulsion..... fire licking me ass...no contest.

if its on fire then tough....im out.

let the insurance sort it.

Last edited:

warwick

Free Member
Sep 16, 2008
Funster No
I should see a doctor.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
After seeing some video of vans on fire I have come to the conclusion that about 90 seconds to get out or your dead.

The video.s have also made me very conscious of the parking distance to the next van, I dont like being trapped in.

Doug...

OP
OP
B

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi,

I posted the original thread to hopefully get peoples minds, if only just for a couple of minutes, thinking about how they or their occupants would get out in case of a fire in a particular part of the motorhome, but this should should also be applicable to your home or any other place that you sleep, it only takes a couple of minutes to think "How and What if anything do I need to Get Out" as it could help to save lives

I think the example given by "pappajohn" is very good he has certainly thought about the situation and has a plan, which is what we all need A PLAN just in case.

hope this helps

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back