Motorhome safe (1 Viewer)

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
Wanted a safe in the Motorhome, but there are few places where it could be bolted into something solid.

So I decided to build my own. It's mounted under the front passenger seat of a 14 plate transit. There was a bit more room under the drivers seat due to a smaller battery, but I thought that if any scum attacks the seat trying to get at it I don't want the drivers seat wrecked.

Internal space of the safe is about 14" x 8" x 4.5", the metal is 3mm thick or greater.

Essentially you have something roughly the size of a shoebox clamped into the seat base, I could have put bolts through the floor also, but thought that was a bit overkill. I put combination locks on just in case some scum somehow had hold of the MH keys if they had broken into the MH.

Hopefully the photos below are enough to see how it goes, but if anyone wants more details or advice on doing one yourself, let me know.

a.JPG b.JPG c.JPG d.JPG e.JPG f.JPG

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Neat job....................wish I had the skill, our safe is factory fitted right in the middle of the biggest and most accessible cupboard cocking up the space completely. The location of yours looks perfect. (y)(y)

tick59

Free Member
Dec 25, 2007
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
"Since 2005"
Wanted a safe in the Motorhome, but there are few places where it could be bolted into something solid.
A Geordie with a safe????? What the hell you going to put in it ye na your lass wont gan in it. fun!!! fun!!! fun!!!

So I decided to build my own. It's mounted under the front passenger seat of a 14 plate transit. There was a bit more room under the drivers seat due to a smaller battery, but I thought that if any scum attacks the seat trying to get at it I don't want the drivers seat wrecked.

Internal space of the safe is about 14" x 8" x 4.5", the metal is 3mm thick or greater.

Essentially you have something roughly the size of a shoebox clamped into the seat base, I could have put bolts through the floor also, but thought that was a bit overkill. I put combination locks on just in case some scum somehow had hold of the MH keys if they had broken into the MH.

Hopefully the photos below are enough to see how it goes, but if anyone wants more details or advice on doing one yourself, let me know.

View attachment 57853 View attachment 57854 View attachment 57855 View attachment 57856 View attachment 57857 View attachment 57858

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back