RANT. Inconsiderate people (1 Viewer)

Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
On a site at Balloch. Large amount of dogs being allowed to run off the lead by their owners.last night we had 4 coming over to our pitch. Another one this morning. Owners shouting at their dog to come back and none of them could recall their dogs. Our collie is not good with other dogs when they come straight at her so we always keep her on the lead on sites. Although she has excellent recall. Dog psychologist told us she has a large "personal space" . If other dogs barge straight in she goes on the defensive. If they come in slowly she is fine. She also said something has happened in Megs past to make her like this. Likely she was attacked. So, site rules and common sense is to keep your dog on a lead on sites. You don't know how other dogs will react. Also lots of people seem to think cutting through your pitch, right along the side of the Moho is fine. My kids knew better than to do this and show people a bit of respect for their space.

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
This is why people end up building walls around their pitches with windbreaks

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Presumably if you are on site there's someone you could explain your problem to. If there is a rule about dog on leads perhaps they might be asked enforce it. You probably know which motorhomes / caravans the dogs belong to so it shouldn't be too difficult for the management.

On the other hand, depends how long you staying for and you won't be popular I suppose.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
On a site at Balloch. Large amount of dogs being allowed to run off the lead by their owners.last night we had 4 coming over to our pitch.
The older values are disappearing fast. :cry: I have noticed this going on since 2009, when caravan sales rocketed following the slump. Loads of idiots who had always holidayed in Spain or whatever other dump suddenly invaded caravan sites. Also, they seem to have absolutely NO noise awareness, shouting their kids back at 11 pm, or worse still, rolling out drunk, feffing and jeffing, when the bar closes. :mad:

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I got shouted at across Ayr CC site a couple of years ago, was walking in with Lola to heel, only about 10 on the whole site and we had about 50 yds to walk to our MH passing nobody

But Lola was not on a lead, the voice from further away than our MH bellowed 'get that dog on a lead', yes we were breaking one of her rules, but IMO her reaction was far more offensive than my dog without her lead

When a car then drove then past her at 20+ mph getting no reaction at all, I went over for a discussion about rules, we were leaving that day anyway :D

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
The older values are disappearing fast. :cry: I have noticed this going on since 2009, when caravan sales rocketed following the slump. Loads of idiots who had always holidayed in Spain or whatever other dump suddenly invaded caravan sites. Also, they seem to have absolutely NO noise awareness, shouting their kids back at 11 pm, or worse still, rolling out drunk, feffing and jeffing, when the bar closes. :mad:

Don't usually notice this sort of behaviour in the "other dumps" like France and Germany where we spend most of out time I am glad to say. People have fun, but they are generally behave respectfully towards others. Occasionally , when we do go onto sites every couple of weeks or so, if there is a blaring TV or radio or screaming kids using the site paths for racetracks for their bikes or Late night loud effing and blinding, its usually from the occupants of UK registered units.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Don't usually notice this sort of behaviour in the "other dumps" like France and Germany where we spend most of out time I am glad to say. People have fun, but they are generally behave respectfully towards others. Occasionally , when we do go onto sites every couple of weeks or so, if there is a blaring TV or radio or screaming kids using the site paths for racetracks for their bikes or Late night loud effing and blinding, its usually from the occupants of UK registered units.
Did I say otherwise?? o_O

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
On the Tewkesbury Site last year, a collie very friendly dog, running loose, came bounding over and jumped up, my hand boxed it's ear about halfway up, knocking it away, it tried again, and got the same result.:boxing:
Cue shouting Rant from owner,:swear2: I waited till he finished, then told him I was going to reception to report his Dog was off the lead.:moon2:
I was then no longer a dog hating sadist, but an effing grass.
Warden came and had a word with him, he got all uptight, and packed up and left the Site. He gave me the finger as he left, I blew him a kiss,:lips: so in the space of about 2-3 hours I went from Dog hater to Grass to Poof:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Jan 26, 2010
Conwy, North Wales
Funster No
MH
Relay self build
Exp
Since 2007
We were on a site near Perpignan when a foreign woman quite happily allowed her dog to use our pitch for its' toilet. She appeared quite perturbed when confronted about it !

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
On the Tewkesbury Site last year, a collie very friendly dog, running loose, came bounding over and jumped up, my hand boxed it's ear about halfway up, knocking it away, it tried again, and got the same result.:boxing:
Cue shouting Rant from owner,:swear2: I waited till he finished, then told him I was going to reception to report his Dog was off the lead.:moon2:
Warden came and had a word with him, he got all uptight, and packed up and left the Site. He gave me the finger as he left, I blew him a kiss,:lips: so in the space of about 2-3 hours I went from Dog hater to Grass to Poof:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Bloody Furriners
:moon2::imoutahere:

Nov 2, 2008
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
PVC, S&L Iveco
Exp
45 years
Great result all round then.

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
as a dog lover. I have a dog. but it does irk me when someone else's dog comes charging into my m/home after it. owner of dog got quite upset when I threw his dog out of my van. warden who was friend of said dog owner asked me to leave. I replied only when the police have been because our dog has now got to go the vets. and me to a doctor . and that I was going to charge the taxi bill and vet bill to the site. as the rules state all dogs on leads. best bit got paid for both. and then the site sent me a voucher for a free week.

GeriatricWanderer

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, just cos I can!
Funster No
MH
Pop-Top Campervan
Exp
45years
I got shouted at across Ayr CC site a couple of years ago, was walking in with Lola to heel, only about 10 on the whole site and we had about 50 yds to walk to our MH passing nobody

But Lola was not on a lead, the voice from further away than our MH bellowed 'get that dog on a lead', yes we were breaking one of her rules, but IMO her reaction was far more offensive than my dog without her lead

When a car then drove then past her at 20+ mph getting no reaction at all, I went over for a discussion about rules, we were leaving that day anyway :D

So it's OK for you to break the rules by having your dog off the lead but not OK for drivers to break the speed limit or for people to have a go about you free walking dog?

Is it any wonder that dog keepers are so unpopular on sites!

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
as a dog lover. I have a dog. but it does irk me when someone else's dog comes charging into my m/home after it. owner of dog got quite upset when I threw his dog out of my van. warden who was friend of said dog owner asked me to leave. I replied only when the police have been because our dog has now got to go the vets. and me to a doctor . and that I was going to charge the taxi bill and vet bill to the site. as the rules state all dogs on leads. best bit got paid for both. and then the site sent me a voucher for a free week.
Oops. That'll have been Jake then.....

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Well I cant comment on Spain having only been there once fleetingly, you obviously didn't care for it. But my point is I was wondering if "whatever other dump" means anywhere outside the UK
No, not anywhere.......However, there are one or two other popular holiday locations I could mention, not of coarse including France or Germany.....:)

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.

That's why we like CL / CS sites :)

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988

Nice Rangi......very nice. And it's posts like that one that keep drawing me back to MHF like a moth to a frigging flame!:D

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Love dog threads :)

One of the reasons we like c&cc sites in the UK is their rules re dogs are normally enforced and adhered to..
Ours is always on his line when outside no matter where we are.
But he does jump on benches and tables when out walking.. :love:

etap

Free Member
Nov 19, 2014
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 610
Exp
3 years
Surely it is the site managers job to police their sites so that all the rules are kept to, so it might be worth asking if they do before staying there.
People who walk through your pitch because they want to take a short cut are just rude.

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
I think I have the labrador equivalent of your Collie Gordon, she hates other dogs coming near her when she's on a lead and can't escape, she becomes very defensive which can lead to problems if the dog that's not on a lead gets aggressive, we've had her since she was a puppy and she's always been the same, try as we might we can't change her so I wholeheartedly agree with what you're saying, plus not everybody likes dogs so the owners should respect others, it's the same with kids, some think it's ok to run up to a dog screaming and shouting, my dog bites them and that leaves me with the possibility of having my dog put to sleep, poor parenting IMO.
As for people crossing your pitch, as an ex caravanner I'm used to the complete lack of respect from some others and this is on CC sites, sadly this tells us lots about today's society, lots of people have no respect for others, and don't get me started on manners!

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014

Very worrying and alarming that you resorted to hitting the poor dog. You even state that it's friendly!
And without knowing the situation of how the dog became loose..... :eek:

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
On a site at Balloch. Large amount of dogs being allowed to run off the lead by their owners.last night we had 4 coming over to our pitch. Another one this morning. Owners shouting at their dog to come back and none of them could recall their dogs. Our collie is not good with other dogs when they come straight at her so we always keep her on the lead on sites. Although she has excellent recall. Dog psychologist told us she has a large "personal space" . If other dogs barge straight in she goes on the defensive. If they come in slowly she is fine. She also said something has happened in Megs past to make her like this. Likely she was attacked. So, site rules and common sense is to keep your dog on a lead on sites. You don't know how other dogs will react. Also lots of people seem to think cutting through your pitch, right along the side of the Moho is fine. My kids knew better than to do this and show people a bit of respect for their space.

This situation worries me as most dogs will feel threatened, especially when they are on a lead, and approached by loose dogs.
I'd have to have politely ask them to keep their dogs under control....

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
My daughter-in-law is terrified of dogs - and I mean terrified. She won't go into a house where there is any possibility of there being a dog so to have a dog loose in her vicinity would lead to a total melt down.

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Very worrying and alarming that you resorted to hitting the poor dog. You even state t's friendly!
And without knowing the situation of how the dog became loose..... :eek:

More worrying is the dog jumping up. I wouldn't be bothered how it got loose, I would do what-ever is necessary to stop it jumping up. I like dogs but that doesn't mean that I would want one jumping up on me or my family.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back