johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
:Cool: Just thought I would mention that we are booked on the Ferry to France next Wednesday and traveling on to Spain for our Winter warm up ready for returning just in time for the Turkey. :winky:

Don Madge

Deceased RIP
Aug 27, 2007
East Yorks
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Too Long
John,

Have a good trip, did you manage to get that pitch that you were after? When/where are you going in Turkey?

Don

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
You have all seen those remote Caravn Movers have'nt you
Well im working in close colaberation with the company, my idea is to link one of there movers with my Tom Tom and send the RV on ahead, should work well :wub:
Geo

sammclouis

Account Deactivated
Aug 14, 2007
shropshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
was thinking today....after the burglary we are gonna sell up and tour i think:eek:...jsw is there plenty of work out there on the rd...:Smile:
we stayed a couple of years ago in spain at a place called oliva...was lovely..id love to pitch there and do a little work for the pennies,its a bit scary as once we sold up there is no going back,iv also never been abroad for more than 2 weeks...gotta think about this one..talk it over with dave and decide..then i will start a new thread up and im sure you guys have plenty of info for me...how do you do it jsw?...sammy

OP
OP
johnsandywhite

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
:Cool: Hi Sam. There is lot's of work in Spain if you need it. We retired back in October 1996. I know Oliva well and all the places in-between there and Benidorm. If you own an house? Rent it out to poor family relatives. Or sell it and do NOT buy a NEW RV. Buy second hand and go and enjoy life. That's what it is for.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Sam, there is loads of experience here and over at Jims site, (look in my sig for the URL) We may well be full-timers pretty soon to. ::bigsmile:

sammclouis

Account Deactivated
Aug 14, 2007
shropshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
:Cool: Hi Sam. There is lot's of work in Spain if you need it. We retired back in October 1996. I know Oliva well and all the places in-between there and Benidorm.

its scary to think about it but we want to travel....not much £ in the house though so would need to work a little...im only talking a few years not for life as not enough £...we only poor...:frowny:
we bought this house with the intention of doing it up and selling but we been out in the m/h too much and have neglected the house really...so would prob not sell for as much as i hope..like i said not set in stone yet...so you pitch for a few months or what jsw...do you rent the space?

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
:Cool: Just thought I would mention that we are booked on the Ferry to France next Wednesday and traveling on to Spain for our Winter warm up ready for returning just in time for the Turkey. :winky:

Free Wifi there I hope John. We will miss you if there isn't :winky:

OP
OP
johnsandywhite

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
:Smile: Hi Sam. We do not normally pitch on a camp site. We are Wild campers as you should know. However. We had a problem registering our Newmar that we imported from the USA (after touring). Hence we parked it on a camp site in Spain. We are now legally registered with the Newmar. No one believes us when we tell them how little we actually live on. :RollEyes:
The trick is to NOT treat as an holiday. But a way of life. :winky:

OP
OP
johnsandywhite

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
Free Wifi there I hope John. We will miss you if there isn't :winky:

:roflmto: Hi JimJam. Not FREE Wifi but yes it has Wifi. 2 Euros a day up to 39 Euros for a month. Pretty good too. That's what kuku (Phil and Helen) are using. I shall keep in touch now and again. Once we have got rid of the BIG tums and topped up the Tan. :roflmto::roflmto:

sammclouis

Account Deactivated
Aug 14, 2007
shropshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Hi Sam, there is loads of experience here and over at Jims site, (look in my sig for the URL) We may well be full-timers pretty soon to. ::bigsmile:

hi jimjam well with recent events also my hubby being made redundant & my work talking about cuts!!its like heck what else is coming!!! so i figured its happening for a reason...so i gotta change my life..iv always wanted to travel..but iv never had any1 to go with....but my hubby is like minded so it'd make sense to do it...but it wont be until we mange to sell up...once we sold the house we will never be able to afford to buy again so its very scary...but life is for living wouldnt you say...:Confused:

Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
Sam
I don't want to wee on your fireworks but...... Give this a lot of thought before diving in at the deep end. I think I would start by talking to a lot of folks who do actually full time and find out all the hidden things that you will not appreciate until you are actually there and living it......
Once you have sold up there is no way back, unless you are very lucky, and what about an income to sustain your lifestyle? There are a million questions that I would have, to be honest, and full timing is very different from living in your van for a holiday.
Sorry to sound all negative on you, but I would hate to see you make a mistake and regret it. Just because life has thrown a wobbly on you at the moment, doesn't mean it isn't for a reason, and that reason may not be apparent just now, but I would be inclined not to rush into anything whilst you are in an emotional state, rather leave it for a while, contemplate your real position (get on with some of the house stuff) and then review the situation later, I believe that you have plenty of time in your life, so please do not rush at it just because you are pi**ed off at the present time ::bigsmile:
I hope this helps........

Keith

V

vanessa

Deleted User
Sam, I wouldn't sell up at all!! Tart the place up and rent it out (unless the mortgage is enormous - no need to say on here either way of course). That way, you will have a regular income that is, in effect, index-linked. However small it may be, it will be useful! This gives you the "fail-safe" for if / when the wanderlust wears off, or you find fulltiming isn't for you.

Good luck, you deserve some happiness after the sh*t you've gone through recently.

JSW, enjoy your sunshine! Hope it does ...:winky:

Don Madge

Deceased RIP
Aug 27, 2007
East Yorks
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Too Long
hi jimjam well with recent events also my hubby being made redundant & my work talking about cuts!!its like heck what else is coming!!! so i figured its happening for a reason...so i gotta change my life..iv always wanted to travel..but iv never had any1 to go with....but my hubby is like minded so it'd make sense to do it...but it wont be until we mange to sell up...once we sold the house we will never be able to afford to buy again so its very scary...but life is for living wouldnt you say...:Confused:

Sam,

Have a read through Magbaz Travels http://www.magbaztravels.com/ there's a lot of very useful info there.

I don't have any experience of full timing but what ever you do I hope all goes well for you.

Don

OP
OP
johnsandywhite

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
I hope you still keep in touch John.:winky:

:Cool: I will certainly try. With Wifi available on Camp, it shouldn't be a problem. :winky:

:frowny: BTW. Keith (Kands) raises a very GOOD point. Full-Timing may not be for everyone. Having spent 5 years on a camp site in Altea before we went mobile. We saw lots of couples and families that had sold up and gone to live the high life. Most, within 2 years had sold their caravans and gone back to the UK with virtually nothing left. They treated it as one BIG holiday. It is NOT. IT is a different way of living. :winky:

E

Enodreven

Deleted User
Hi,

Enjoy yourselves, and you never know your luck/unluck we may just pop in later in the year ??

All the best

Brian

sammclouis

Account Deactivated
Aug 14, 2007
shropshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Sam
I don't want to wee on your fireworks but...... Give this a lot of thought before diving in at the deep end. I think I would start by talking to a lot of folks who do actually full time and find out all the hidden things that you will not appreciate until you are actually there and living it......
Once you have sold up there is no way back, unless you are very lucky, and what about an income to sustain your lifestyle? There are a million questions that I would have, to be honest, and full timing is very different from living in your van for a holiday.
Sorry to sound all negative on you, but I would hate to see you make a mistake and regret it. Just because life has thrown a wobbly on you at the moment, doesn't mean it isn't for a reason, and that reason may not be apparent just now, but I would be inclined not to rush into anything whilst you are in an emotional state, rather leave it for a while, contemplate your real position (get on with some of the house stuff) and then review the situation later, I believe that you have plenty of time in your life, so please do not rush at it just because you are pi**ed off at the present time ::bigsmile:
I hope this helps........

Keith
great advice...thanks,my head a bit all over at the mo so good idea to get on and do a bit more in the house and see how we feel soon...we have talked about it before this happened but dave had a decent job as i do,but with his redundancy coming up in oct and the burglary..well it sort of made us think a bit more about it...unfortunately we couldnt afford to rent the house out as the rent wont cover the mortgage..bout £120 a month short...:frowny:
so the only way we can do it is to sell....we are on a weeks hol soon around whitby (lovely) so will mull it over and weigh up the pro's & cons...thanks all for your words of wisdom...much appreciated...sam :winky:

R

RockieRV

Deleted User

Well I think 'the' Wednesday is tomorrow, and just wanted to say safe and happy journey John.

:Smile:

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Well I think 'the' Wednesday is tomorrow, and just wanted to say safe and happy journey John.

:Smile:

Hi Sharon
Haven't you noticed how quiet it has been around here since last Wednesday??? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back