Bad timing, it will all be my fault (1 Viewer)

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Normally I do the driving when we go away in the MH, no real reason I just do, Bev has had a couple of goes, just so she could if she had to

But today she had headed off to a Hen do, our eldest daughter gets married next month and they are going Glamping, posh camping, it maybe but not as good as a MH, particularly in the toilet department, so when room ran out Bev was delighted that the site were happy for her to take the MH

All booked months ago

In February, during a period where we were not planning to use the MH I agreed to have air suspension and hydraulic levelling fitted, a bit of year end spending as we are lucky enough to have the MH on the company books. Booked in for a week at the beginning of March, so due back in plenty of time for this weekend

After dropping off, the job started going backwards time wise, advised some bits hadn't arrived, but no rush we didn't need it back for another three weeks, then the second week vanished and we eventually collected it again yesterday, so all OK!!!

Drove home and was showing off the levelling to Bev, she is not that impressed and had already decided it was too fancy to bother using this weekend (or she is slightly scared of it). So she asks me to move MH nearer the door so she can load it, OK.........................

Remote control is flashing at me, and will not do anything, we are parked about 3" off the ground nothing I can do, then remember if I just release the handbrake it will auto retract..... oh no it doesn't..................

So ring workshop hoping he is still there (17:30), he answers his mobile on way home, suggests going to hand control in outside locker, rather than remote, that is also flashing at me, does nothing

Like most electronics, next suggestion, remove fuse, reinstate, see what happens, all OK, so legs up, move and I decide to try them again, with Bev saying no don't......................

All OK, up and down, did the tip to right for tank emptying, down and back up, all now seems OK

So today, just loading and wave bye to wife(Bev), youngest daughter (Jen), Nat's (eldest daughter) best friend Tammy and my beloved Hymer, thinking as they pulled away it looks low at the back for auto air suspension........................

Within 3 minutes call from Jenny is it supposed to be giving of a high pitched whine?

No.... where is the whine coming from?

Nothing lit on dash, nothing lit on control panel and the whine has now stopped, but Bev is not happy to drive on, so they pull on car park and the whine returns, now they track it down to the suspension controller, flashing red alert and whistling

Now that bit had been OK, so I ring workshop, he calls daughter, a service button on controller appears to have confirmed compressor over heat, not good for less than a day old.......

Current status, they talked Bev into looking under MH to see if air bags were inflated, they are or were at least and feel hard!!!! OK as they are planning to go north anyway, workshop is in Doncaster so M18 A1 they will send a man to meet her on A1 to have a look

That is all I know for now, but I am sure Bev will have been giving it a full on chunter, why have I done it, and so close to her needing it, and all that money for what etc etc etc

I will update when more is known

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I do not remember meeting up with you recently but it does seem as though you have caught some of my luck :(

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 9, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Good grief, it's never easy. Your completely blameless any man can see that, but as a precaution perhaps the teflon suit might need an airing.

Perhaps you and Jaws should form a new Group.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Good grief, it's never easy. Your completely blameless any man can see that, but as a precaution perhaps the teflon suit might need an airing.

Perhaps you and Jaws should form a new Group.

And I spose the next suggestion will be form it somewhere VERY remote and out of contact with the world just in case !!! :rofl::rofl:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
David of course it's your fault -I told you weeks back you were wasting your money :Dand of course I am going to rub it in when I see you and Bev at Chester ;):Dassuming the Hymer returns in one piece :LOL:
terry

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
David of course it's your fault -I told you weeks back you were wasting your money :Dand of course I am going to rub it in when I see you and Bev at Chester ;):Dassuming the Hymer returns in one piece :LOL:
terry

I reckon the Hymer will make it back

Its the Bev and Dave at Chester together that might be in question :D

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
So update

Man has been out to look at it, cant find anything wrong

So pulls fuse to stop noise which then leaves air suspension set at fixed height, bit like we had already before we 'upgraded'!!

They are on their way again, SAP owner is going up to York tomorrow himself to investigate further

Cant fault their support

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Further update

Now have a technical answer from SAP, will add it to my Mercedes Air Suspension thread as well

Apparently, when the MH was fitted with the basic manual air bags, something called 'stops' would have been removed

It now seems that the better system needs them to be refitted, Mick from SAP thinks it is more important due to the levelling jacks which drop the MH lower when released

Far too technical for me to grasp, but good on Mick and SAP he is going to get a pair of stops (I presume there are 2) take them to York and refit at his cost, he is also fitting an interface between the E + P jacks and the VS suspension that allows air to be balanced when jacks in use. Again way above my understanding but better for both systems apparently

Now provided they get to York and get their monster gazebo up before dark all should be OK again, they still seem really happy

Back to my beer .....

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back