Recommendations for Aires or Camp sites in Holland (1 Viewer)

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
We have never motorhomed in Holland, so any aires or camp site's near places of interest or near sea/lakes would be much appreciated, we are going 3rd July so Acsi book would not help with reduced site prices

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
There is an aire at Gouda and the town is nice.

Evening Martin

Is the Gouda aire easy to find? do you remember how much it cost? looks like we will give it a go as part of our next trip in May, looks to be well placed for the bulb fields

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi David

It's just a big car park with dedicated MH spaces, dump point, and fresh water , I believe it was €8 per night including electric but Sunday's are free.

Easy enough to find but approach it slowly as usual its the last few yards that you can go wrong, hopefully you might make a better job than we did, and watch out for the bikes they come from everywhere.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi funflair, do you know if the aire takes RV's?

Hi

Guess it depends, by RV I assume you mean big American we are 28 foot and had no worries but looking at the photo we seem to be in two spaces but that is how most are parked.
Check your route in on Google Earth as we got it wrong and whent down some narrow streets.

Thinking about it there was a coach in as well so no problems.

image.jpg

Daveg

Free Member
Sep 2, 2012
Perthshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
November 2012
Campercontact is brilliant for the stopovers in the Netherlnds. Website is good. App is invaluable.

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
I would say CamperContact is your best source of camperstops in Holland (also covers other European countries).
We spent 3 weeks there in July 2013 and had a great time. Places that spring to mind are Gouda, Den Helder, Enkhuisen, Lelystad (free), Harlingen, Kampen and Zutphen.
Most charge around €10 per night, some a bit less. Also note that many are at marinas (on the canals) called 'Jachthaven'.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

LaMB

Free Member
Jun 15, 2012
Boston
Funster No
MH
Frankia i 640 SD
Exp
Since 2012
One of our favourite places in the Netherlands is at Thorn, Limburg (the white village), just a bit south east of Eindhoven. It is 2.50 euros per day and only a few hundred yards from a great Pancake house.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back