flat battery (1 Viewer)

sandygirl

Free Member
Mar 1, 2009
Funster No
Hi I have only just registered to this site so not yet used to it but here goes
Bought a 2006 Compass 100 3 weeks ago (first time for a motorhome) planning the first weekend away 21st March. Went out to start it up flat battery what is the best charger to buy have been looking on the internet at a ring smart 16 amp ? anybody know if this any good

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Hi I have only just registered to this site so not yet used to it but here goes
Bought a 2006 Compass 100 3 weeks ago (first time for a motorhome) planning the first weekend away 21st March. Went out to start it up flat battery what is the best charger to buy have been looking on the internet at a ring smart 16 amp ? anybody know if this any good

Spec looks good to me.

This is an ongoing problem with modern MHs.

The vehicle electronics/alarm eat away at the battery and there have been many cases of things like reversing cameras being wired so that they are draining the battery all the time.

So think in terms of constant or regular charging. You should be able to leave that charger on all the time if you want - but read the instructions.

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
hi and welcome to FUN. :thumb:

when you do get it started it may be worth having the battery checked.

the battery might be on its last legs and could be ok if started every day, but a longer lay-up could be a different story.

Quickfit or similar usually do a free battery check while you wait or even your local garage should be able to check it...just make sure its fully charged when you go.

john

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Tony Lee

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Funster No
Some motorhomes do have a system where when the house battery is being charged while on hook-up, a trickle charge is fed to the engine battery as well.

Need to check that your house charger is suitable for leaving on all the time.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

sandygirl

Free Member
Mar 1, 2009
Funster No
Thanks for that I will go ahead and buy that charger now, will I need to take it with me when we go camping ?

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back