I'm proper confused - Pilote G742 (1 Viewer)

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Just collected our new (to us) motorhome on Tuesday and we've spent the last 2 days on a very nice site in Woodhall Spa getting aquainted with it. The handover from the dealer was very rushed and this motorhome is very different to our last 2 so we are slowly finding our way around. However I just can't get my head around the AUX setting on the control panel. What does it do? Why won't the ignition on the hob gas burners work unless it is switched on? The ignition on the oven seems to work when it is not switched on. Also, the inbuilt Pioneer GPS/Radio comes on when the AUX switch is turned on. We've trawled the manuals but can't seem to find any mention of this.
We're not very technical but have spent quite a while reading the manuals and are still baffled.
By the way, I just love the Alde heating compared to Truma blown air - we were toasty even though the weather was foul.
Thanks in advance.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Aux normally turns on things like 12v charging points and in your case the hob ignition. That is how it should be - it allows you to isolate these electrical items for safety and prevent battery drain.
I'm not sure about the oven, it might be pietzo-electric and not need external power.
Is the GPS /radio on the dashboard? If so I don't think it should be wired to the Aux switch!

OP
OP
The Dudess
Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Hi DB,
Thank you for the quick reply and explanation. Yes, the GPS/radio is on the dashboard and it doesn't have a On/Off switch anywhere.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Hi DB,
Thank you for the quick reply and explanation. Yes, the GPS/radio is on the dashboard and it doesn't have a On/Off switch anywhere.
That's weird but I guess it allows you to listen to the radio without turning the ignition on. I find it hard to imagine it doesn't have its own off switch. Can you identify the model or send a picture?

pops

Free Member
May 1, 2012
south glos
Funster No
MH
Pilote panel van
Exp
since1997
Our pilote panel van is the same. The aux switch will power the radio, we have not got a oven

OP
OP
The Dudess
Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Hi Pops, thanks for your reply - was beginning to think we were losing our marbles!!

Apr 23, 2010
Isle Of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 years
Hi Mark & Ann
Congratulations on your new Moho,glad you got your problem sorted,now keep going and head for the hills,enjoy and safe travels.

Zoppydog

Deceased RIP
Jul 19, 2013
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
Since 2013
Same on the Rapido, you need the Aux switch on for the Radio when parked up
Chris

Deleted User
Hi DB,
The radio may have an on off button but not marked as such. I have an Alpine radio and to switch it off I have to press, and hold for 3 seconds, the source button. May be worth trying this and also any other push button such as volume.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
On rur Autotrail the AUX button just turns the external hab door light on, and the hob ignition is powered from within the main control box.. Though mine has been modified at some time to work independent of the rest of the gubbins

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
LOL - in our P716, two years later, I still try to put the kettle on sometimes before I remember to 'turn the electric' on.

We have a 'French' bed which we normally use but also have a double bed over the dinette, which is electrically operated up and down. There was no plastic cover on the mattress thereof, hence we wanted to cover it, to stop it gathering dust in situ up there. Van parked at home ifn front of the house. Pete with king sized flat sheet in hand, gets in the cab, I go in the hab door at the other side of it and press the remote to lower the bed. Nowt. Pete and I both tried and tried and just about when I started saying 'Oh, we'll have to ring the dealers!' he suddenly remembered the Aux switch........

Doh !!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back