Still about footwear on the worst of sites (1 Viewer)

whoa

Free Member
May 2, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
It's been sold, no more
Exp
I'm a newbie
image.jpg image.jpg

OP
OP
whoa

whoa

Free Member
May 2, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
It's been sold, no more
Exp
I'm a newbie
Well I don't know where my original thread went, but tried to add the above photos and it disappeared, anyway, if it's gone into the ether, this thread was prompted by Jeanette's about parking a heavy van on muddy grass, so I didn't want to deviate the thread, and wanted to ask a question about footwear on muddy sites. So there you are parked up its Soggy ,sloppy,raining and it's muddy, now many of you take your pets, dogs, cats, parrots and goldfish, oh by the way I know that Some of you with those huge RV's have rhinos and hippos in those large garages, you know who you are, do you saddle them up and ride around, put on the extending lead and haul the critters back in, or do you venture out, what's good footwear on that awful mud. We like a good walk so have both walking boots and shoes, now then wellies wise we have some muktubs, they are made of neoprene and great in winter down to Minus 15 degrees so warm feet, however in July they stick to the feet and are a beggar to get off, particularly if it's the butlers day off, so we use a plastic thingy to remove the boots, photo Above also a photo CC magazine of some ankle boots called Nordic Wet Grips, so what footwear is good on those bad days, sorry about the photos not being with the words, but it's my first ever thread, I'll get the hang of it sometime,please excuse the photo on the right that's how it is, I'm not trying to be rude or personal

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I have wellies - both the long ones and ankle style (similar to the ones in your photo). I also have ADDAs. Mine all came from Lidl and have done sterling service.

The ADDAs (plastic clogs, similar to an expensive and better known brand) go in the washing machine. I have two pairs at present but when Lidl get them back in I will replace them as they are starting to show more than a wee bit of age.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
whoa

whoa

Free Member
May 2, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
It's been sold, no more
Exp
I'm a newbie
I have wellies - both the long ones and ankle style (similar to the ones in your photo). I also have ADDAs. Mine all came from Lidl and have done sterling service.

The ADDAs (plastic clogs, similar to an expensive and better known brand) go in the washing machine. I have two pairs at present but when Lidl get them back in I will replace them as they are starting to show more than a wee bit of age.
Please excuse my lack of knowledge what does ADDAs stand for ta, I think you are right they are muck boots, can't quite think why I've got skips on the mind Doh!

Upvote 0

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
@whoa

I have no idea! ADDA is embossed into the plastic.... here is a link

Like the ones with the name that starts with a "C" but a fraction of the price when Lidl has them.

The ones my husband has have a detachable fleece lining (also from Lidl).

Upvote 0

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.

Almost identical here too - Lidl is your friend.(y)

Regards,

Trikeman. ;)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
whoa

whoa

Free Member
May 2, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
It's been sold, no more
Exp
I'm a newbie
@whoa

I have no idea! ADDA is embossed into the plastic.... here is a link

Like the ones with the name that starts with a "C" but a fraction of the price when Lidl has them.

The ones my husband has have a detachable fleece lining (also from Lidl).
Lidl's is one of my favourite shops, I know the company your talking about isn't that the one they call alligators or something :whistle::giggler:

Upvote 0

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
I use with a zip up the entire side of the boot, it really does make removal very much easier.........

Upvote 0

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
Upvote 0

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I bought some cheap versions at a farm shop, they were black in colour and after a while we noticed black marks on the carpet - I suspect they were made largely out of recycled car tyres - but they were very cheap, about a fiver I think. I threw them out and bought some proper ones - but if the Lidl ones ever do appear again I will certainly have a look at them.

Upvote 0

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
My daughter has a pair of old well worn riding boots which she thinks are wonderful :) No zips and no leaks.

Upvote 0

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
I have a slightly off topic question, both myself and the wife have sketchers walking boots which we love, great in the mud. Little on has her Peppa Pig wellies (obviously), dog just has muddy feet.
So my question, upon returning to the van, we are now all covered in mud, we have a take boots off and enter van routine, and then clean up dog as well as is possible. However, on one site, it was so muddy outside the hab door, that we still managed to walk mud into the van. Any gadgets or suggestions that we could employ in this scenario?

Upvote 0
D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
So will anyone admit to wearing genuine crocs ?

My kids wear them constantly, it's a fight to get them to wear anything else.

Given up on buying the lookalikes as they don't take much abuse, real Crocs only a couple of quid more.

I also love mine, can't wait for the temps to rise and get back into them !

Upvote 0

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
hubby and I wear crocs all the time, we have both genuine and imitation ones, but have to say its the genuine ones that we wear the most. you can get wellie trays to put outside the van, and i have also seen sticks where you can put your wellies on (upside down) I love the idea of this, but not seen any on sale as yet. Will be keeping a eye out at Peterborough

Upvote 0

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
We have crocs - great for wet fields, traipsing to shower block etc. They are also like walking on a sponge. Had them for years, bought them in Luxembourg when they were first appearing in the shops.

Upvote 0
Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Love love love my crocs. Flip flop style for showers and dainty ones for general wear. I have gone off the clunkier ones these days. They are light, hard wearing and easy to chuck in the washing machine.

Upvote 0
Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988

@Puddleduck Lidl have these in on special offer tomorrow (Thursday)@ £3.99 for ladies and mens

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sep 2, 2014
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Self-converted Van
Exp
Since 2014
If anyone is in France any time soon head to a Gifi shop, most towns have one! But like the Range. They sell Croc-a-like things, I got some fur lined ones there too, only €5! Love love love my crocs!

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
So will anyone admit to wearing genuine crocs ?

My kids wear them constantly, it's a fight to get them to wear anything else.

Given up on buying the lookalikes as they don't take much abuse, real Crocs only a couple of quid more.

I also love mine, can't wait for the temps to rise and get back into them !

Yep.....wear them every day....winter and summer...rain or shine.

Brown with a suede covered upper and heel strap.

I have 4 pairs of shoes....a pair of genuine LEVI cowboy boots, a pair of 'suit' shoes, a pair of work trainers (steel toe) and my beloved CROCS.....somewhere i have a new pair of trainers but havent seen them for over a year.

Worn the Crocs every day for 40 months, barely any tread left and the suede is polished to leather but i never had a more comfy pair of shoes.

I suffer a numb left foot after a bout of sciatica a few years ago and these are the only thing i can wear full time without pain.

20150325_221805.jpg
20150325_221726.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Ankle wellies, Full wellies, ugg boots, Birkenstocks , walking boots. Depending on the weather and state of the ground.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back