Have any of you been stopped and weighed (1 Viewer)

Have you been stopped and weighed and if so was it in the UK or Europe

• Yes

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • No

Votes: 55 94.8%
  • UK

Votes: 6 10.3%
  • Europe

Votes: 3 5.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi,

Just thought it would be interesting from reading the thread on "Diet" to see how many of you have been stopped and weighed, and if you have was it in the UK or Europe.

Please only vote Uk or Europe if you have been stopped

Last edited:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
good idea Braunston.
Problem is i think i just ruined it:Blush: I meant no i haven't either in uk or Europe.

weymard

Free Member
Jan 25, 2009
CHERBOURG NORMANDY
Funster No
MH
US TRUCK CAMPER
Exp
:Sad: In France, I know that you have many and many "risk" to be weighed on A10 (after Tours direction to Spain and return) during summer !
And in the entrance of the Normandy bridge direction A29 every time !
Chuuutttt ! I said nothing ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile::Cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

MicknPat

Free Member
Dec 16, 2007
Touring UK
Funster No
MH
39ft American A class RV
Exp
Since Oct 2007
A good and interesting question but ONLY if those who answer YES give the rest of us a few words explaining the circumstances, for example.

Were you stopped, checked and weighed in a Ministry run operation ONLY for leisure vehicles?

OR

Was it a Ministry /Police check operation for all vehicles private and goods vehicles?

OR

Was it a Police stop and check and weigh because your vehicle looked over weight ?

Ta Mick

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Why do the French weigh the vehicles?

What is their limits then?

NEV3

Free Member
Feb 11, 2008
North East Wales
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 1996
Yes and No.

I was stopped outside Nottingham, (travelling East) by the then Ministry of Transport. I think it was about 7-8 years back though.
As soon as they realised I was not commercial (no tachograph), they waved me straight through. Don't think they knew what to do with me at the time. Shouldn't think that would be the case now.

NEV3

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Bit of a personal question but 19 stone:Blush::cry:

ronald4874

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Poole Dorset
Funster No
MH
CB 6.5 metres
Exp
About 15yrs plus early years in caravan & cruiser
Ron W

Towards the fag end of last year I pointed out to M/Hfun owners to watch the weight of their vehicles.
In Spain there is a Spanish newspaper converted into English for the expats. In one I came across an article ( which I cut out and kept) about a UK M/H that had been stopped near Alicanti and weighed. He was found to be overweight by the police and given him an on the spot fine of 3500 Euro's, obviously he did not have the cash on him so they took him to the bank to get the money. They then let him proceed on his journey, the newspaper got an interview with the police and they said he may be due some money back in due course.
Since then I weigh my vehicle on a regular basis.

Aug 1, 2007
Billingham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
Not been stopped and weighed, but I have been stopped and had my diesel sampled in the UK.

Ralph

weymard

Free Member
Jan 25, 2009
CHERBOURG NORMANDY
Funster No
MH
US TRUCK CAMPER
Exp
Why do the French weigh the vehicles?

What is their limits then?

With license driver B you can drive a car weighted 3t500 full loaded, after 3t500 you need a class C license driver ! (you age is not important)
A MH with length 7m is on the limits EMPTY !!! Example : I bought in 1999 a Mobilvetta Euroyacht 195 on Ducato (7m15), when I took the MH at the dealer, I weighted it empty (no fresh water, no propane and alone on board) . He weighted 3t495 !!!!:RollEyes: Legaly my wife can not come with me !! And I could not take that my toothbrush :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
B

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi, Weymard

When you were using the Mobilvetta Euroyacht did you constantly worry that you would be stopped or are the French Police more relaxed about that sort of problem, also do you know what the French Police reaction would be if found to be over weight,

With license driver B you can drive a car weighted 3t500 full loaded, after 3t500 you need a class C license driver ! (you age is not important)
A MH with length 7m is on the limits EMPTY !!! Example : I bought in 1999 a Mobilvetta Euroyacht 195 on Ducato (7m15), when I took the MH at the dealer, I weighted it empty (no fresh water, no propane and alone on board) . He weighted 3t495 !!!!:RollEyes: Legaly my wife can not come with me !! And I could not take that my toothbrush :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

weymard

Free Member
Jan 25, 2009
CHERBOURG NORMANDY
Funster No
MH
US TRUCK CAMPER
Exp
Hi Braunston
I was no constantly worry but i was careful ::bigsmile:. I must say that at that time the police did not weighted often the MH, only the trucks ! Now is an other problem ... but I am always overloaded with my truck and demountable !!::bigsmile:
If the police stopped and weighted the MH would be immobilized and I would be booked for 2000 Francs (at that time), now is around 2500 euros :Eeek:
to be precise the "book" varies with the level of excess load ! If you can lighten (empty water for example) and to be under 3t500 , the MH will not be immobilized. If you can not lighten, the MH will immobilized !

Last edited:

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Why cant we have a dont know answer box :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Jim :winky:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
we seem to have some people who THINK they were stopped.:Doh:

Link Removed

how can only 2 people say they were stopped yet 7 of those 2 people were stopped in the UK and the other 3 of the 2 were stopped in europe. :RollEyes::Doh:

Last edited:
S

sinbad1

Deleted User
8 were telling fibb's:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries