Caravanner, now a motorhome newbie (1 Viewer)

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
Morning all
Having taken the plunge on a motorhome I thought I'd best join a forum for all of the endless questions that I will need answering, sorry
We have been caravanning for about 6 or 7 years as it's a way of holidaying with our 2 black labs however we decided that a motorhome would give us more freedom to do a bit more travelling so on the 2nd April we collect our Swift Bolero 630PR, we'd seen one of these the previous year at a show and thought the layout was ideal for our needs so after seeing one at a local dealership recently we've taken the plunge. We have always wanted to travel around Scotland so in May that's where we're heading, we've booked ourselves into 4 CC sites the furthest being Culloden, before that though we'll be getting used the van with a couple of long weekends to Cornwall, hopefully they'll be stress free!
Dave

Murphy

Free Member
Jan 31, 2015
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
Shire Conversion
Exp
Welcome, may I recommend when you go to Culloden Moor, that to visit Channery Point only about 30 minutes away to watch the Dolphins in the Moray a Firth, they come very close to the coast and are very impressive !

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
Hi & welcome,

We've had caravans for 3 years and like you wanted more touring but without all the hassle of setting up, etc so bought our RV in September last year and never loved back.

Been to Lake District for several weekends and up to scotland along the west coast ver the winter. Away this weekend, Chester rally next weekend, several other weekends already in the diary and 3 weeks touring France in the summer. Can't wait.

Enjoy your adventures and hope to meet you along the way.

Loren

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
HI & Welcome from the Isle of Wight.
Cornwall (lucky you) we are off your way mid april to visit our son granddaughters/family etc in gorran haven, visiting a couple of weekend meets plus a couple of THS's & CC sites .

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Hi & welcome:)

We're ex-caravanners (20ys+) but got a mh last year and are loving it and wish we'd had done it sooner(y)

Still learning loads and it's surprising how different a mh is to a caravan:D

Wishing you loads of fun & adventures:)

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
:welc: From Scotland, will also be north in May, will look out for a Bolero.::bigsmile: Rosemarkie a great site to see Dolphins.

whoa

Free Member
May 2, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
It's been sold, no more
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi welcome to FUN, pleased for you and your soon To arrive MH, were still waiting to get our first ever van due 24th April (hopefully), we've waited since last September as there has been a long waiting list:groan:, but we are getting to the top of the queue(y):beerchug:

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Hi and welcome from Devon..hope you new Moho meets all your expectations
welcome-sign11.gif

OP
OP
Dave K

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
Welcome, may I recommend when you go to Culloden Moor, that to visit Channery Point only about 30 minutes away to watch the Dolphins in the Moray a Firth, they come very close to the coast and are very impressive !

Thanks very much for the info, we'll definitely take a look

pops

Free Member
May 1, 2012
south glos
Funster No
MH
Pilote panel van
Exp
since1997
Hi and welcome from South Glos. :smiley:

O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
And it's a big HELLO from Les and I too.
The one thing you might notice is the odd rattle or two as you drive along, they were always there, you just couldn't hear them from the tow-car!!
Enjoy your new adventures.
:welc:

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
I thought I'd best join a forum

join A forum, now listen here Dave K, you have just joined THE forum, one slip of the finger in the keyboard and you could have been lost forever to the DARKSIDE..........

Welcome Dave, you've got a great van their and you're going to enjoy it or you get kicked out of the Funsters club. See you out there............Griff

Motor-Home Travel, on Tarmac or Gravel

A Week or Two in the Sun

If you have any trouble or Technical Muddle

Find the answer in Motor-Home Fun

Fun is traveling far and wide;

Fun is meeting folk at pubs, in-side,

Fun is singing and dancing around,

Fun is calling me; it's where I'm bound.

Welcome to the bestest Motor Home forum on the interwebbythingy

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello Welcome, ask as many wurst ions as you want that's what the forum is all about. :welc:

Jan 27, 2013
Stamford
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Seven plus years
...we've booked ourselves into 4 CC sites the furthest being Culloden, before that though we'll be getting used the van with a couple of long weekends to Cornwall, hopefully they'll be stress free!
Dave

Hi Dave and welcome. It's a BIG World out there.

I'd say try the freedom of a MH before you go booking anymore! You may even find you can give up the CC sites and the idea of booking in advance.

OP
OP
Dave K

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
:welc: From Scotland, will also be north in May, will look out for a Bolero.::bigsmile: Rosemarkie a great site to see Dolphins.

Thanks BB, we've never ventured into Scotland so without being rude what is it like driving around North area with a motorhome, are the roads ok?
Dave

OP
OP
Dave K

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
join A forum, now listen here Dave K, you have just joined THE forum, one slip of the finger in the keyboard and you could have been lost forever to the DARKSIDE..........

Welcome Dave, you've got a great van their and you're going to enjoy it or you get kicked out of the Funsters club. See you out there............Griff

Motor-Home Travel, on Tarmac or Gravel

A Week or Two in the Sun

If you have any trouble or Technical Muddle

Find the answer in Motor-Home Fun

Fun is traveling far and wide;

Fun is meeting folk at pubs, in-side,

Fun is singing and dancing around,

Fun is calling me; it's where I'm bound.

Welcome to the bestest Motor Home forum on the interwebbythingy

Thanks Griff, really looking forward to it!

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
hi there and welcome to MHF (y)
Brian & Jo

Malky Gibbs

Free Member
Nov 16, 2014
dundee
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 695
Exp
Brand new, converting from caravaning.
We are brand new to this game too. Not getting new MH for another 4 weeks though.

Have a great time in Bonnie Scotland and dont believe any of the nonsense in the MMM magazine letter at end of last year. It hinted that our friends from south of Hadrians Wall will not be so welcome as 45% of us wanted to be independent.

Nothing could be further from the truth and I do not suspect that you will notice any difference and will receive a very warm welcome wherever you venture North of the border. Enjoy!

OP
OP
Dave K

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
Hi Dave and welcome. It's a BIG World out there.

I'd say try the freedom of a MH before you go booking anymore! You may even find you can give up the CC sites and the idea of booking in advance.

Thanks for the advice Sidney, I guess as we get more confident and out of 'caravan' mode we may well try that, i think it's partially because we book time from work so it's nice to have something sorted.....not very adventurous I know :D

OP
OP
Dave K

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
We are brand new to this game too. Not getting new MH for another 4 weeks though.

Have a great time in Bonnie Scotland and dont believe any of the nonsense in the MMM magazine letter at end of last year. It hinted that our friends from south of Hadrians Wall will not be so welcome as 45% of us wanted to be independent.

Nothing could be further from the truth and I do not suspect that you will notice any difference and will receive a very warm welcome wherever you venture North of the border. Enjoy!

Thanks Malky and good luck with your new MH, I'm really looking forward to going to Scotland i'm sure we'll have no issues at all, any recommendations for places to stop at will be well received though

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back