If I didn't wave to you, then sorry (1 Viewer)

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
2018, Apache 634 150 Auto
Exp
Since 2015
OK so I am new to this and wasn't looking for waves but just out the corner of my eye I seen a wave coming from a MoHo driver on the opposite carriageway, but it was too late to wave back. If it was you, sorry (y). Got me thinking about how many other waves I missed; so, if you waved to me on the M5, M6, A74, M74, M73, M80, M9, A9, M90 and A90 between 1pm on Saturday and 1pm on Sunday, then this is for you :hi:. I did remember to look over now and again and returned a wave or two but most of the time I was concentrating on driving the new prozed possession :)

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
It often happens to me too.
Just get a glimpse as a van passes in the opposite direction and then feel guilty that I didn't wave. :think:

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
I wouldn't worry about it, I personally don't often wave on motorways for the very reason you mentioned, however we do wave on all other roads. I have found that since I downsized to a PVC not many people wave at me, ahh.
Reminds me of when my sister got her first van, she was so keen on the idea of waving that the first vehicle she waved at turned out to be a horse box!!!!
Enjoy the life but be prepared, not everyone is a waver.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

colinw

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Bolton , Lancs.
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Under a year
2 mins from home on saturday , wife says " that man in motorhome just waved at you , do you know him ? " , I then explain the rules and we spent all weekend waving at fellow motorhomers !
On motorways I don't look for wavers , sorry , but when on normal roads its great to see smiling faces waving frantically and yes we feel a bit guilty if we miss somebody .

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
I think a wave from a fellow motorhomer is a nice friendly gesture and I do wave when and if I can. However I place much more importance on concentrating on the road and my driving than looking to see if someone is waving at me, if someone waves and its convenient I will wake back but to be honest if they don't I really don't give it a second thought.

What does annoy me very much is when I pull over on a narrow road to let an approaching vehicle pass and they just sail by with no acknowledgement at all. I always think, well, if thats your attitude I wouldn't have pulled over. But sadly I can't see into the future and guess whether they will or will not acknowlege .

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
I do tend tend to wave when I notice another MH although it amuses me how so many wave and then hardly even look your way or say good morning when on a site, maybe I should wave to them as I'm walking past while on site :)

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
It is mainly swmbo job to wave. Sometimes we miss PVCs because they aren't very distinctive from the front. C class get most waves. A class like ours may be confused with a small bus. Many more seem to wave in France than the UK, though it could just be that there are so many more on the road.

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
but you would wave. or I will set Thomas on you.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
we wave at all other motorhomers, even though some pvc's are hard to spot. over many years we can now say that the worst wavers are the vw campers followed by the super expensive gin palaces on wheels

O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
I try to always wave if it's safe to do so. Even been known to give MHs a wave when I'm driving the car!! :tmi:

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
I do tend tend to wave when I notice another MH although it amuses me how so many wave and then hardly even look your way or say good morning when on a site, maybe I should wave to them as I'm walking past while on site :)
I must agree with this post, just spent a week on Barnard Castle cc site, I think I only spoke to one other m/homer, the rest just looked away or straight through as if I weren't there! well their loss. Tuggers, well they hook their vans up and block the roads while they chat as if they own the bloody place before setting off. Does me 'ead in!
Cheers. Dave(y)

Box Boy

Free Member
Jul 3, 2014
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Globecar Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2010
When driving in France and being a right hand drive Motorhome, :D I get the better half in the passenger seat to wave because thats the side the continentals expect it from and I can dream of reaching the sun in one piece !
:france:

Candapack

Free Member
Oct 16, 2014
Fife, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2013
I wave (except on motorways when I'm not allowed to ).
So much so in fact that after a trip in the van, I often catch myself waving from the car.:D

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
We tend to wave on all roads except motorways -too fast and dangerous on these. but everywhere else we try to.(y)

LAM

Apr 23, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 Welcome
Exp
Began with the purchase of our first, ever MH in 2014
Owned a couple of MGBGTs' back in the day, when the knees could take getting in and out of it ! You were part of a club too where all waved in passing. Now I have a larger vehicle and frankly wave at everything even when in the car !

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back