Shall we do it? (1 Viewer)

May 8, 2010
South Wales
Funster No
MH
RollerTeam T-Line785
Exp
since 2009
Morning all, some of you may remember myself Lee and my partner Glyn from a few years back. We are still motor homing all the time but just seem to let life take us over when I changed my job etc and moved house so we have not been active on here at all. I am trying to convince Glyn to go to Spain this summer in the van for the first time but he is concerned aboput the weather being too hot for us and the dogs. I would love to go along the northern coast towards Vigo perhaps. How does Spain compare to France for ease of motorhoming? I had the aires book a few years ago but we never went and stayed in France lol. Last summer we ended up in the north of Italy and travelled around a few countries. Basically is Spain a good place to go in the van? (I spent my childhood in the south and speak Spanish soa m a comp[lete Spain nut but cannot get there in my van lol) we are teachers so have 5 weeks in the summer.
Cheers all

Lee

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Welcome back. Go for it, if it is too hot just move back to France or go up in the mountains.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
The north coast won't be too hot and you could get rain too! I'm just planning the first part of our trip which starts next month. After the "turn right as you drive off the ferry at Santander" bit we will go along the north coast and then into Northern Portugal. Lots to see on the way in Galicia which will be a new area for me. Weather may not be brilliant but we will then be heading south to find the sun.

There are aires in Spain but nowhere near as many as in France. The Vicarious guide lists quite a few and they have good pictures and directions. But search on here for "Campercontact" for a downloadable resource.

Last edited:

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Glad you're still motoring about :)

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
I'd say the same thing, go and if it's too hot head for mountains or a breezy part of the coast.
As for the dogs they can always cool off in water, and they'll get into shade if they're hot. How about a kids inflatable paddling pool for them ? I had a kids paddling pool in France for my dogs.

Billy23

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
On a planet...far, ....far away.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995
Perhaps give the Seville area a miss during July/August temp up to 40c and sometimes a little more. Having said that our dog manages ok, just sleepy as we are.

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
Agree, just get on the road when/while you can. You have the freedom to move back north if you find it too hot. Nothing ventured..,.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I've shown this picture before you need one of these to keep hot dogs cool:
P9200101.JPG

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
How does Spain compare to France for ease of motorhoming?
Lee

Roads excellent, campsites excellent, aires not as good.

We've never been mid summer but there are plenty of mountains to cool off on. Granada is a must see, the Alhambra, the old town and even the new town then next door the mountains.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back