LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
We were supposed to be away this weekend and booked Strawberry Hill Farm near Durham, we've stayed there before as it is handy for visiting relatives and is a lovely site with super owners. We paid in full in advance as we usually do.....

Anyway we had to cancel at very very short notice and I phoned them to let them know fully expecting to lose the deposit. The owners are incredible..... were so supportive and have held over the deposit for the next trip. Things are pretty sh*tty here and this act of kindness and generosity has made me well up and shed some cathartic tears.

Bouquets for Strawberry Hill, Durham.

upload_2015-3-21_8-48-43.jpeg

Dec 4, 2014
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Been around the block a few times😉
We were supposed to be away this weekend and booked Strawberry Hill Farm near Durham, we've stayed there before as it is handy for visiting relatives and is a lovely site with super owners. We paid in full in advance as we usually do.....

Anyway we had to cancel at very very short notice and I phoned them to let them know fully expecting to lose the deposit. The owners are incredible..... were so supportive and have held over the deposit for the next trip. Things are pretty sh*tty here and this act of kindness and generosity has made me well up and shed some cathartic tears.

Bouquets for Strawberry Hill, Durham.

View attachment 57252

That's really nice not unlike your kind offer to us if we were to visit the borders

Perhaps other people just see you as the kind caring people that you are and treat you likewise (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Thinking of you Helen...and Martin too of course. .

Thats great you havent lost your money. Good to hear of a site where common sense prevails here.
Well done strawberry hill.

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
All the best hopefully in the near future for you Puddleduck, hope things improve soonest !!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back