Tincataylor

Free Member
Jul 9, 2012
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Never leave a campsite with your clothes line tied to a lamp post.
Due to our advancing years the old fangs are starting to give up the ghost along with a fair bit of bridge work that will need replacing in the next few years. During our recent tour of Spain it was impossible not to notice the many adverts for dental services, with typical costs for implants quoted as starting from as little as 225 Euro's (probably higher in reality). As the same treatment in UK can cost around £1,500 it seems to make sense to get the old choppers taken care of while we are out there.
Have any other Funsters taken advantage of cheaper dentistry in Spain, and if so can they recommend any dental practise where they have experienced high levels of service?

The Tincas

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
For implant work no but in the Algarve there is a man that makes the best ever dentures out of a semi flexible plastic and he is very good

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
We lived in Spain for a couple of years and found all their health services to be excellent

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Tag Axle
Exp
since 2013
My wife now has a female Spanish dentist here in the UK as they can earn far far more over here (between 2 and 3 times more!) which probably explains why its cheaper over there.

Oct 26, 2014
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Pilote P696GJ
Exp
Due to our advancing years the old fangs are starting to give up the ghost along with a fair bit of bridge work that will need replacing in the next few years. During our recent tour of Spain it was impossible not to notice the many adverts for dental services, with typical costs for implants quoted as starting from as little as 225 Euro's (probably higher in reality). As the same treatment in UK can cost around £1,500 it seems to make sense to get the old choppers taken care of while we are out there.
Have any other Funsters taken advantage of cheaper dentistry in Spain, and if so can they recommend any dental practise where they have experienced high levels of service?

The Tincas

Yes I recently broke a molar and had it crowned while we were staying at Camping La manga and the local dentist did an excellent job and in two appointments completed all the treatment .
The total cost was 280 euros

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
A shade off topic but there are now quite a few people going to India for major surgery like hip replacements, including folk from the USA. The standard of care is good though no doubt you have to choose the right hospital and the prices are much lower than they would pay in their own country. Brits do it too.

Steveth

Free Member
Mar 29, 2014
Wherever We Are Parked
Funster No
MH
Swift Esprit462 (Freddie)
Exp
Since 2014
We have all our dental treatment done when in Spain in the local town in Alicante province. Much cheaper and better service than UK, the Dentist even gets in special anaesthetic as I have had a heart attack in the past. If you need details pm us.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
A shade off topic but there are now quite a few people going to India for major surgery like hip replacements, including folk from the USA. The standard of care is good though no doubt you have to choose the right hospital and the prices are much lower than they would pay in their own country. Brits do it too.

You been watching the 'Marigolds' by any chance? :whistle2:

For implant work no but in the Algarve there is a man that makes the best ever dentures out of a semi flexible plastic and he is very good

Someone's mentioned this before I do believe. Sorely tempted. Can you give me/us any indication of cost(s) please?

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
You been watching the 'Marigolds' by any chance? :whistle2:

Someone's mentioned this before I do believe. Sorely tempted. Can you give me/us any indication of cost(s) please?

Sedge I paid 400 euros for mine but only for a partial top set, of course the impression work is more or less the same. Having had them for a month now I would have been happy to pay a lot more as they are brilliant compared with previous sets.

Nov 28, 2010
Torrevieja, Spain
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip H720
Exp
December 2011
If you come down to the Torrvieja area of the Costa Blanca I can recommend this company Broken Link Removed as I had quite a bit of work done by them, a lot of people fly over to use them as it is that much cheaper than in the UK

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
after having three different sets made here in the UK I think I will try Spain next . thank mm.

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Alan Gale and if you walk down from the swimming pool car park at Silves towards Lidl he is on a corner next to a Chinese clothing shop.
Do not be put off if the door appears locked, knock and he will open it.

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
2018, Apache 634 150 Auto
Exp
Since 2015
Alan Gale and if you walk down from the swimming pool car park at Silves towards Lidl he is on a corner next to a Chinese clothing shop.
Do not be put off if the door appears locked, knock and he will open it.
The only thing missing is "remember the password or you will be shot as a spy" ;) And, you have to turn up at 2:30.;)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back