ruffingitsmoothly

Deceased RIP
Jan 2, 2008
West of Southampton edge
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
Hi this is what a camper(caravaner) did this last weekend although as Papa Smurf can confirm we have plenty of hardstanding:Angry:

No apology whatsoever I noticed this Monday morning

dzjw9g.jpg

Furthermore once again although we have a bin clearly marked "bagged rubbish"

dbmfye.jpg

Some people just cannot read or are just plain ignorant:Angry::Angry:

w9iatf.jpg

I do not wish to have to bag up peoples rubbish for them:Angry::Angry::Angry:

There you go rant over, I must say however most campers are very good:thumb::thumb:

Regards Pat

Last edited:

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
He obviously didn't have a 4wd vehicle Pat and maybe needs some lessons in "tugging".:RollEyes:
I must say the field looks quite dry in the circumstances.:thumb:Have you not had the bad weather down there?

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi Pat

Often it's the tugger with the 4x4 that charges across wet grass totally unnecessarily, I saw it on the last CL we were on.. plenty of space to turn a 36ft RV but the tugger used the grass which was sodden.. leaving behind damaged grass and two great ruts.. :Angry:

Is it a 'macho' thing .. showing off or what.. I can go anywhere I want attitude ... who knows.. :RollEyes:

Re your bagged rubbish green bin, from what I can see it doesn't look particularly bad, just a couple of plastic bottles and a Coke can .. most likely from someone walking by rather than a deliberate 'dumping without caring' .. but, no, you shouldn't need to tidy up others rubbish..

By the way.. is the other stuff around the bin also rubbish ?

Five brushes, an Aquaroll, chair , boxes etc ? If so then that is out of order .. :Angry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
He obviously didn't have a 4wd vehicle Pat and maybe needs some lessons in "tugging".:RollEyes:
I must say the field looks quite dry in the circumstances.:thumb:Have you not had the bad weather down there?

Hi I watched a tugger trying to pull his caravan off his pitch at Amberly Fields a few years ago, his rears were digging a nice grove in the grass, as they spun madly around, his fronts didn't spin at all sitting on the tarmac, guy had forgotton he had 4wheel drive. :Doh: until the warden came racing over, he remembered then; after a few choice words were spoken. ::bigsmile:

Olley

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
If there are hardstanding pitches why wasnt the driver told to park on them or maybe given directions on where they were?? :Blush:

The rubbish is in the bin...what else do you want people to do with it?? :Eeek:

If it was left blowing all over the field for you to pick up i could understand your problem but to be honest i really dont see what the issue is.

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
The rubbish is in the bin...what else do you want people to do with it?? :Eeek:

If it was left blowing all over the field for you to pick up i could understand your problem but to be honest i really dont see what the issue is.

I think that is what has got up "pats" nose,, He had to go around and pick up other peoples rubbish,, Which is not on when there are bins provided..

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I think that is what has got up "pats" nose,, He had to go around and pick up other peoples rubbish,, Which is not on when there are bins provided..

Perhaps Pat will clarify ,

he said he had to 'bag up' not pick up .. which I interpreted as loose items in the bin rather than in bags.. ?

S

sinbad1

Deleted User
If there are hardstanding pitches why wasnt the driver told to park on them or maybe given directions on where they were

I have to agree, If the grass was in a soggy condition why wern't they advised to use the hard standing and if no one was available why wasn't there clear beit temp signs to say keep of the soggy grass use hardstanding only?

Only an owner would know whether the ground is suitable, some campers? may very well think the ground is ok.

As far as rubbish is concerned, can be annoying to clear other peoples rubbish ;but i think your bound to get some of this running a campsite.As you say most campers do treat campsites with respect.

Must say your refuse area dosn't project a good image IMHO.

Regards

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
We were pitched on a grass pitch in the "old girl" the year before last and the heavens opened overnight.....

The chances of getting out looked pretty remote as both exits were uphill and VERY boggy.

Did a recce of the options and then put her in gear (auto box) and left her to it.

She pulled herself out without ripping up the grass for the other motorhomers/caravans on site.

I guess it's just resisting the temptation to give it some welly....and having consideration for others

Last edited:

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Youd have thought that the site staff would have cleaned away all those old wheely bins and brushes etc, not only are they unsightly but trip hazards as well. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Jim :winky:

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
Someone did the same to our grass yesterday and only came in to look ! We have spent thousands putting down hardstanding and roads for people just to drive across our well kept grass. Mark has now got to hire a roller to get rid of all the ruts. :Angry:
Sorry to join your rant Pat but it made me feel better.

OP
OP
ruffingitsmoothly

ruffingitsmoothly

Deceased RIP
Jan 2, 2008
West of Southampton edge
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
If there are hardstanding pitches why wasnt the driver told to park on them or maybe given directions on where they were?? :Blush:

The rubbish is in the bin...what else do you want people to do with it?? :Eeek:[/SIZE]

Hi Dazzer

The problem is that I request that rubbish is put in bags for ease of removing it from the wheely bin, it's not rocket science as far as I am concerned, on this occasion I agree it is not too bad, however I still had to tip the bin up to remove these cans and plastic bottles where as I can easily reach in and remove bags, also in the past I have had to clean and bag up some horrible messy stuff.

I feel it is just common courtesy.

Regards Pat

Last edited:
OP
OP
ruffingitsmoothly

ruffingitsmoothly

Deceased RIP
Jan 2, 2008
West of Southampton edge
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
Youd have thought that the site staff would have cleaned away all those old wheely bins and brushes etc, not only are they unsightly but trip hazards as well. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Jim :winky:

What staff??? There is only me
Smiley_round_tear.gif
and one of the brushes is for campers to use to clean their caravans/motorhomes there is also a small scaffold tower for their use.

I must clear the others away sometime!::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Regards Pat

OP
OP
ruffingitsmoothly

ruffingitsmoothly

Deceased RIP
Jan 2, 2008
West of Southampton edge
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
I have to agree, If the grass was in a soggy condition why wern't they advised to use the hard standing and if no one was available why wasn't there clear beit temp signs to say keep of the soggy grass use hardstanding only?

Only an owner would know whether the ground is suitable, some campers? may very well think the ground is ok.

As far as rubbish is concerned, can be annoying to clear other peoples rubbish ;but i think your bound to get some of this running a campsite.As you say most campers do treat campsites with respect.

Must say your refuse area dosn't project a good image IMHO.

Regards

Hi Sinbad this is a small CS site, that means a maximum of 5 of any of these, motorhomes/caravans/trailer tents, not a commercial site.

Instructions were given to the caravaner of where to turn and to keep to the hardstanding, however I only run this site as a part time project and as such I am not a slave to it and am not here 24/7, I do have another business to run! After all at £8 a night with 10amp electric it will take ages to recoup the outlay for the work done thus far, let alone a profit!!

I must say that I have had some lovely campers here and on the whole it has been fairly straight forward and trouble free, but it does really get up my nose at how inconsiderate certain ones can be! Here are a couple of other instances that have occurred.

A dog allowed to soil the field and not picked up!
Dog poo picked up (how I don't know) and put in the rubbish bin loose!

Regards Pat

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
'O' the joys of dealing with the general public. :ROFLMAO:

Olley

S

sinbad1

Deleted User
Hi Sinbad this is a small CS site, that means a maximum of 5 of any of these, motorhomes/caravans/trailer tents, not a commercial site.

Instructions were given to the caravaner of where to turn and to keep to the hardstanding, however I only run this site as a part time project and as such I am not a slave to it and am not here 24/7, I do have another business to run! After all at £8 a night with 10amp electric it will take ages to recoup the outlay for the work done thus far, let alone a profit!!

I must say that I have had some lovely campers here and on the whole it has been fairly straight forward and trouble free, but it does really get up my nose at how inconsiderate certain ones can be! Here are a couple of other instances that have occurred.

A dog allowed to soil the field and not picked up!
Dog poo picked up (how I don't know) and put in the rubbish bin loose!

Regards Pat

Having been given site instructions and then to disregard them, is totally unacceptable
and don't blame you for being angry, anyone would .

There does seem quite a few dog owners that fail to remove there pets poo knowing full well that its in a place where public visit, again unacceptable.

unfortunate but there's bound to be the odd one or two inconsiderate campers with no respect.

I am relatively new to motorhoming and have only visited a few sites, i did find it was a case of find your own spot without any guidence or help hence my original question.

I guess you won't be having him back then:thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
When I sold my business one of the greatest benefits was not having to deal with the General Public.

After 38 years NEVER AGAIN :Eeek:

staging lady

Free Member
Nov 12, 2007
North Wales in the Hills
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 years but caravan owner in past
Your site looks lovely, Pat. Neat tidy and peaceful. :Smile:

I see you are a CS from one post. Does that mean that as a member of the CClub we couldn't use it?
Lucille

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
We stayed on a site last year that we picked from the cc&c book. It advertised Toilets, Showers and Grey & Black Waste disposal.

It didnt have any of these and should never have been allowed to be listed as it was.

We saw the owner who was a farmer once whilst he was tearing across his well manicured field on one of those three wheeled motorbike things that farmers use to herd the sheep.

We had a few other problems but on the whole enjoyed ourselves even though it never stopped p*****g down. The views were fantastic.

He had no bins at all so we bagged our rubbish up and took it home to dispose of. Its not hard.

Cheers

Jim :thumb:

oldun

Free Member
Mar 23, 2008
St Neots
Funster No
MH
VW Campervan
Exp
Since 2001
I have quite a lot of experience helping out on campsites and in my experience it is surprising how many tuggers and motorhomers will happily cut across the grass even when it is wet and soggy just because it 4 ft shorter than going round by the road.

When asked to choose a pitch some will choose the wettest one lying in a hollow.

Finally a few of them will attempt to gain access to a pitch by driving uphill instead of downhill.

Finally it seem to be the norm amongst campers that as soon as the (front) wheels start to slip then the best solution is to give the engine plenty of wellie.

I put it down to door driving ability and total disregard for other people's property.

In my opinion there's nowt as daft as folk.

Offering advice to this class of person is the best way to loose a few teeth.

If you think I am anti campers then think again. I have found most campers to be very friendly helpful people and have loved the many years I have been associated with camping and hope that i have many more.

However there are a few that have really got me going.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back