LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Can anyone tell me if there is an equivalent to the 'All The Aires' book for Spain that can be bought in Spain please?
Thanks
Sandra

Momo

Free Member
Sep 19, 2008
Valencia City, Spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I've got a brand new copy of the Vicarious aires book for Spain and Portugal you can have for free but you will need an address I can send it to. I thought I had lost my copy so bought another a couple of weeks ago. Then the one I had "lost" was found*. If you can get an address I will post it.

*It's an age thing.

Last edited:

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Hi DBK
That is a great and very kind offer. I will see if I can work out an address that we are making for or will be at for a couple of weeks.
Sandra
No problem, I guess the post might take 3 or 4 days. I'll see if I can find out anything from the Post Office. Very happy to help you in your adventure - I waited until bits started falling off me before we got a MH. Too late...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

brynric

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Pilote G600
Exp
As others have suggested "All the Aires: Spain and Portugal" is available from Vicarious books.
We found in our (fairly limited) experience on the Costa Blanca that quite a few aires were "commercial aires". They had a limited pitching area but often very good facilities and in some cases people were staying on them for a considerable time.

Glandwr

Banned
Jul 10, 2014
the Berwyn Mountains
Funster No
MH
Hymer S740
Exp
since 2009
Campercontacts is for aires, campsites and recogised overnight parking without facilities. It is an app that once downloaded can be used off line. If you have a data connection CampingCarInfos also do an app that if anything is even more comprehensive for Iberia but does not include Campsites.

If you can get both as they compliment each other. CCinfos is free but Campercontact will cost you 3/4 quid.

Dick

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
Couldnt find any 'ares in spain
images

couple here from Hallaton

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Is that for camping sites or aires though Dave?
Like been said a lot are free and also lots of wild camping,
A snapshot of places to stop on the Spain page, you just zoom in to the area you are and tap tag and it will give you info and co ords it's not just Spain but Europe
You can download a free version to check it out but it's only about £5 for the full.
image.jpg

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Another vote for Campercontact .. it has just recently updated it's website.. Link Removed

it has an English version and the reviews are also machine translated.. some of them quite funny ..

if looking for the app it is called 'Motorhome Parkings'

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We've in Spain (well Gibraltar at this VERY minute in time!) and have been using a misture of the 'All the Aires' book, 'campercontact' and also 'furgovperfecto' too which has proved to be very good for night stops:

http://www.furgovw.org/mapa_furgoperfecto/

Depending on where you're going though you can often find places to stop, especially on scenic roads.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
There was a very thin effort from vicarious years ago with hardly any content. So many free resources these days anyway....and with fully serviced pitches for long term under a tenner a night what's the point. Have camper contact and acsi on tablet phone and manage with those..

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Thanks everyone. Ewa are now armed with a few booked marked parking websites and the Motorhome Parkings app.

We are currently parked up at a little hide away along the coast from Tarifa, right on the beach with all the Kite Surfer dudes. Never before have we been the smartest van in the car park!!! The downside is that it's hissing it down and a tad chilly.

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
We've in Spain (well Gibraltar at this VERY minute in time!) and have been using a misture of the 'All the Aires' book, 'campercontact' and also 'furgovperfecto' too which has proved to be very good for night stops:

http://www.furgovw.org/mapa_furgoperfecto/

Depending on where you're going though you can often find places to stop, especially on scenic roads.

We drove past you today! There looked to be a very dark cloud hanging over The Rock?

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Thanks everyone. Ewa are now armed with a few booked marked parking websites and the Motorhome Parkings app.

We are currently parked up at a little hide away along the coast from Tarifa, right on the beach with all the Kite Surfer dudes. Never before have we been the smartest van in the car park!!! The downside is that it's hissing it down and a tad chilly.
Nice to see that your still living the dream, it might be raining but it's Spain. (y)

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Hi DBK
That is a great and very kind offer. I will see if I can work out an address that we are making for or will be at for a couple of weeks.
Sandra
We are driving down to Guadamar near alicante in April. Could bring the book if you are near there. Just pm me if I can help.
Wilf

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138

If we hadn't been 'captive' on Gibraltar earlier when they were holding an emergency response drill for the airport which closed the road in/out, we would have been with you tonight as that's where we were heading!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
We drove past you today! There looked to be a very dark cloud hanging over The Rock?
Absolutely p*ssing it down here and blowing a right hoolie! The van's a rocking but not in the way you imagine!!!!:LOL:

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
If we hadn't been 'captive' on Gibraltar earlier when they were holding an emergency response drill for the airport which closed the road in/out, we would have been with you tonight as that's where we were heading!
Be careful if you do head there, we have just left as the water levels were rising so quickly. The road to the parking area was in danger of being flooded. The campsite near by is partly flooded already.

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
We are driving down to Guadamar near alicante in April. Could bring the book if you are near there. Just pm me if I can help.
Wilf
Thank you. Thats really kind. We are making our way towards Portugal to try and escape this persistant rain.

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
We are using All the Aires and ACSI. Stopped at an Aires 'just outside' Vera in Almeria. Claimed to be 2kms from Vera - it was that far to get back onto the main road from the campsite and Vera was still nowhere to be seen! It was like being in the middle of a Quarry, white mud covered everything - bikes had to be hosed down and van looks like the ghost of Jacob Marley!

Beat a hasty retreat and are now in a pretend ACSI site. Our satnav shows it as an ACSI site but it's not listed in the current book. Nice site in Palamaros, €14.20 without electric. Half 'textile' half 'naturista' - needless to say we are in the 'textile' area. Cliff is peeping through the hedge! :ROFLMAO: @Mr Mousy may want to mark it in his book for warmer days! So much better than the lunar landscape of Vera Aires!

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Thanks to Dave @Busman and the others who suggested the Camper Contact app. We are plesantly surprised by how many aires there are. We have escaped the wall to wall thunderstorms near Tarifa and currently sat on a very neat and tidy aire near Rota, just past Cadiz. Still raining but there is a Chinese of blue sky visible.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back