LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Who was looking for a M/H? A few days back someone was looking to buy there first m/h--just found this on ebay.Nothing to do with me in any way but thought it is a bargain,and who ever is selling it does not know it's true worth :thumb:If the add is true the parts alone are worth more than the asking price
terry

Link Removed

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Nice solid van.. must be mad or very desperate to sell at that price..

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
That price will rise in a few weeks at the start of the "silly season" if it isn't snapped up.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 31, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
10 years +
Location just given as UK? Sounds bit dodgy.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
No feedback and location just given as UK? Sounds bit dodgy.
No feedback as it is a classified add :winky: but as always it sounds a very good bargain :Smile:so it may be too good to be true :Eeek: so buyer be aware :thumb:
terry

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
He has been a member for 5 years 9 months,, and hails/registered in Cheshire.. :winky:

Seems a long time to have been a member and not bought or sold anything,, :wub:

Jan 31, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
10 years +
Sorry, edited my post as I realised no feedback 'cos it's a classified ad. Crossed with yours 'cos I'd gone out in between and didn't update when I came back. DOH! :Blush:

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Being the nosy git I am I emailed him ::bigsmile: here's his reply
Hello,
I have to tell you that I'm currently out of town so pick up isn't an option. The motorhome is located home in Cheshire and I will get somebody to deliver it to you.. no problems.. The price total including delivery for it is £2,600.
The deal will go strictly according to eBay Classified Ad rules and policy. Also, a refund policy will be included. Looking forward to hearing from you.
Thank you

Sounds legit to me and if I was looking would not pay until delivered
terry

itexuk

Free Member
Apr 3, 2008
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat x250
Exp
Hello,
I have to tell you that I'm currently out of town so pick up isn't an option. The motorhome is located home in Cheshire and I will get somebody to deliver it to you.. no problems.. The price total including delivery for it is £2,600.
The deal will go strictly according to eBay Classified Ad rules and policy. Also, a refund policy will be included. Looking forward to hearing from you.
Thank you

terry

Sorry I have to disagree, sounds like a SCAM to me. Who uses OUT OF TOWN and The deal will go strictly accordinf to E Bay rules!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry but it sounds to me to be a SCAM.

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Terry....did you use the email address in the advert or the contact seller option via Ebay?
I am always wary of any seller that encourages potential buyers to make contact via an email address - this smacks of a hijacked account.

A google search of his email address brought this up.....I wonder why Ebay removed it?....very fishy!
Link Removed

Last edited by a moderator:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Terry....did you use the email address in the advert or the contact seller option via Ebay?
I am always wary of any seller that encourages potential buyers to make contact via an email address - this smacks of a hijacked account.

A google search of his email address brought this up.....I wonder why Ebay removed it?....very fishy!
Link Removed

I think this is a hacked account and a scam. the buyer will deliver the van, I am out of town, the van is priced way too low, yeah right. Like to see this come off, perhaps we ought to have a whip round to try and get it and see if its not a scam.
I had my account hacked before and sold 150 televisions that I did not know I had. :ROFLMAO:

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
Hello,
Thank you

terry
Obviously the guy is a dealer.....no prob with that. The vehicle is currently on SORN so unless you have trade plates you won't be able to road test it, also explains why 'pick up isn't an option'. I dont like the 'out of town' bit and thats not a very good idea for anyone selling on either eBay or elswhere.

As for buying a vehicle off eBay, after what i've just seen today i'd say go for it.

This guy bought an absolutely mint P reg lwb Transit hi-top off eBay four weeks ago with no reserve set. Immaculate interior and by far the best 'home spun' camper conversion i've ever seen....would even put many professionally fitted vans to shame. Amazingly he never even went to view it.....simply bought from the description and photos! Went for just £3000!

Losos

Free Member
Feb 17, 2009
Suffolk & Czechland
Funster No
MH
Looking to buyi
Exp
N/a
I had my account hacked before and sold 150 televisions that I did not know I had. :ROFLMAO:

I'm not in Uk at the moment (Won't be back 'till April) so can't use E-bay anyway, I might have been the person refered to in OP as I am looking to buy my first ever MH soon.

I must say E-bay scares the living daylights out of me, there are so many scams going on and E-bay couldn't give a damm about it. It really annoys me that these people who are making so much money can allow these fraudsters to operate on their site so easily.

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Perhaps the guy is a dealer.....but why on earth would he list two separate vehicles (the first of which was pulled by Ebay) on two separate ID's, both of which have had little activity (perfect hijacking targets as the ID owners probably won't notice) and then specifically ask for potential buyers to contact him at a Gmail address (again a favourite of scammers and hijackers along with Hotmail, Yahoo etc). Both vehicles are offered for "silly" money. This one is definitely suspicious and I would avoid him like the plague. I would love to know what his payment terms are.......moneygram via Western Union I would suspect :RollEyes:

Of course if anyone successfully contacts the seller and manages to get a viewing on either vehicle and finds that they are "kosher" I shall happily stand corrected!

Sure there are a great many "deals" to be had, especially in the current climate but tread cautiously and ask the right questions ALWAYS via the Ebay "contact seller" facility. Don't discount it altogether as you may strike lucky and get yourself a real bargain.

I have worked Ebay, buying and selling, for almost 9 years with over 4000 transactions - I have been "scammed" (if you can call not receiving goods for monies paid being scammed) probably 5 times so would reckon that the vast majority of Ebay users are honest. Just excercise a little caution and common sense and you won't have too many problems.

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
:ROFLMAO:Never thought about it being a scam,but I don't think I would be gullible enough to fall for one (fingers crossed :ROFLMAO:) I did say in my post that caution must be used-- pay when you get it sort of thing :ROFLMAO: might be worth doing one of those outstanding finance type things as well.:Eeek::ROFLMAO:
I have been watching for a few weeks now to see what is selling and what is not,(more out of making a decision if it would be worthwhile to convert another van)that van just stood out so whether it is REAL or not I don't know :Eeek:
Any way it looks like a few vans are starting to sell but at v cheap prices so unless SWMBO decides to let me sell ours to fund another or risk some savings it is not going to happen this year :ROFLMAO:
Years ago I took my mate to buy a car he had bought for £50,it turned out to be a man and wife separating job and she sold his then £2k car for the £50:ROFLMAO:(I missed that one but did get a drink out of it):ROFLMAO:
terry

Losos

Free Member
Feb 17, 2009
Suffolk & Czechland
Funster No
MH
Looking to buyi
Exp
N/a
I have been "scammed" (if you can call not receiving goods for monies paid being scammed) probably 5 times so would reckon that the vast majority of Ebay users are honest. Just excercise a little caution and common sense and you won't have too many problems.

Lindy-C well all I can say is you are clearly a far more forgiving person than me. Five times :RollEyes: I would be livid after even once. Some scumbags broke into my barn recently and stole my lawn tractor & trailor. I will be cursing them and wishing a long and painful death to them right up to the day I pop my clogs.

I've always had to work hard for my money and I must say that the increase in crime is due without doubt to the lax sentancing and the somewhat ambivolent attitude of victims. Luckily i don't now have to consider using E-bay, if there's something surplus to my requirements I either give it away (To a good cause) or just bin it, likewise I don't see the need to buy cheap on E-bay (When you just know that the item will not be exactly like the sellar described it) and only in UK six months a year now anyway.

As I said above the very idea of using E-bay fills me with horror.

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi all, to put this to bed I have just looked and it has been removed from ebay :ROFLMAO: seems a scam after all :ROFLMAO:
terry

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
Hi all, to put this to bed I have just looked and it has been removed from ebay :ROFLMAO: seems a scam after all :ROFLMAO:
terry

Yes sorry, Forgot to mention I emailed ebay to inform them of my concerns, they sent an email back saying thankyou and they would look in to the listing. Funny how it's now removed?:winky:

Perhaps I ought tobe some sort of ebay PI, that the second ive got right.:thumb:

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Well done Paul :thumb: glad no one got fleeced--- I will spot them you get them removed :thumb::ROFLMAO: like the old saying if it looks too good to be true it probably is :thumb::ROFLMAO:
terry

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
shame really Terry, Nice van that one, even at twice the price.:winky: