Dover Delays from April (1 Viewer)

Jul 29, 2014
Norfolk and Correze, France
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Had one for 5 years many moons ago. Now starting again.
Senile decay strikes again. I thought to myself why on earth would EXIT checks cause a delay to anyone arriving at Dover. Reading the article I gather it means exiting the UK. Doh. Why not head the article "Check in delays".

However, I have always had to show passports at Dover whenever I've used that port. Same goes for the tunnel which we use 99% of the time these days.

May 23, 2013
Not on the Coast East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
Assuming the ferries will be the same but from 1st April you need to supply advanced passenger data using the Tunnel so there really should not be any extra delay and like others have said you get your passports checked anyway.

OP
OP
scousebird

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
We travel on the tunnel regularly and I can probably count on one hand the number of times we have had our passports checked going out, normally just wave them past the window, that's if anyone is there!

Jul 29, 2014
Norfolk and Correze, France
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Had one for 5 years many moons ago. Now starting again.
We travel on the tunnel regularly and I can probably count on one hand the number of times we have had our passports checked going out, normally just wave them past the window, that's if anyone is there!
Quite agree that passport checkers are seldom there very early or don't look at all but the article states passports will be checked when you check in with your ferry operator which I have always had to do before anyway.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
This only going to add to the woes we have here, with the lorry traffic blocking the Town nearly everyday then add in the delays for the passport checks on top. If they scrutinise everyone going out. I say let them all out don't let them in. easy out hard in. Not PC though is it.

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Too many people with looney eyes and 'Syria or Bust' stickers on their bumpers. I suppose they're trying to keep tabs.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back