A plea for assistance , a long shot (1 Viewer)

Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Hi we are due to have a break with friends soon. Us in our motorhome, them in their caravan.Unfortunately my friend was rushed into hospital on Thursday.He is out now but doesn't feel he will be up to the driving/towing. His wife doesn't do towing. They have looked into hiring a motorhome for the week, as she would drive one, but it's a bit too expensive for them. Any sympathetic hiring companies in Scotland that would like to offer a special deal please get in touch. A long shot I know but if you don't ask.

Thanks

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
if you don't have a towbar, get one fitted and let your friend pay for it, will be cheaper than hiring a MH for a week.
Careful about insurance changes for modification though.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
gordoncbrown
Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Thanks for the replies. We have put these options on the table already ( apart from the fitting of the tow bar (we have one) but it is a good shout) and they are thinking about them. They would still prefer to hire a motorhome if possible. Not sure if they are uncomfortable about driving a friends motorhome ( no different to a hired one ) or if they don't want me driving/towing with their car. I have assured them that we would not see them stranded. I would if I had to tow using the motorhome. Total length would be about 15 metres when hitched up. Would be a bit different.......

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Before towing a caravan with a 3500KG motorhome check your license with regards towing weights. I know I am not allowed to tow anything over 750KG with my van unless I get a +E added to either my B or C1 catagory.

Grandfather rights do allow some towing but I am not sure that the limit on the 3500KG vehicle allows it.

Rick @motor roamin may be able to advise as he is up on licensing.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back