Chassis Fixing Points for Tow Bar and Fiat (JTD2.8?) Issues (1 Viewer)

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Hi

Posted this elsewhere on the forums as well. But. I am intrigued by the Hobby 600/750 series, and wondered if anyone had any idea IF there is a Towbar supplier out there OR where the Securing points are on that chassis. The base vehicle in question is the Fiat (@ 2006) chassis. Any Other issues with this combination? For Example, I heard that some gearbox reverse gear issues and water ingress to the Engine compartment not draining?

Part of the ongoing research program for my downsizing!!!

Pete

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
No gearbox issues or water in engine bay issues of note on a 2006 model. Tow bar will probably need to be specially made to suit. Isn't the 600 based on Ford Transit? and I think the 750 is the tandem axle model on Fiat so AlKo chassis.

D.

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
Hi

Posted this elsewhere on the forums as well. But. I am intrigued by the Hobby 600/750 series, and wondered if anyone had any idea IF there is a Towbar supplier out there OR where the Securing points are on that chassis. The base vehicle in question is the Fiat (@ 2006) chassis. Any Other issues with this combination? For Example, I heard that some gearbox reverse gear issues and water ingress to the Engine compartment not draining?

Part of the ongoing research program for my downsizing!!!

Pete
I've got a Hobby and had my done by Mike Parkinson (business near Preston) if you search on here will find his info, very good quality and workmanship of a high standard
Cost me about £350/400, but compared to others very competitive got recommended by a hobby dealer he's done work for over the years

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
PeteH

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Dave, This Particular one is Definitely a Fiat. (2007)

Hi PaPa. Sounds like I will have to get the Angle Grinder and Welder Out then?. You still got the R-V?

BTW any idea if these are Direct or Canbus ? when it comes to Trailer lighting?

Pete

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back