Swift/Bessacarr Habitation Door Retainer (1 Viewer)

Photo4x4

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt with over cab
Exp
Hello

The small plastic clip that fits in the groove on top of the habitation door has broken. This is the part that the end of the retaining bar fits into which slides along the top groove in the door until it meets a stop.

I have a dealer looking for a spare but as I assume that this is a regular problem I wondered if anyone on this forum had details of where I could get the part.

I suspect that I will have to purchase the whole mechanism rather than just the small plastic slider!

Thanks.

Keith Hart
door slider diagram.jpg

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Ours went on our swift. We could never find a replacement, we had to tape the slider to the frame in the end and use it like that and use a bungy to keep door open,traded it in like that. We were told its a common fault.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
Photo4x4

Photo4x4

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt with over cab
Exp
Hello

Well Jonkill it seems that TrishandTerry and I are not the only ones with this problem - you could find you have a chance of some sales.

I do have the old one, but of course it is broken.

Keith Hart

LilacMoss

Free Member
Jan 10, 2015
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Looking again....
Exp
Im a newbie...since Sept 14
I could print you one if I had the old item.
Using 3d printers now in the business to manufacture plastic components. Amazing piece of kit.
If you can't get one any other way post it to me & I'll make you one the old-fashioned way :)

There are some really nice people on here...reading posts like these always puts a smile on my face and gives me a warm cosy glow inside. A lovely way to start the day....thank you :):)

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
If its the same as most retainers fitted to Hartal doors, you might find this useful.
Broken Link Removed

I bought one as the plastic slider had come off the strut, and once it comes detached, it will never stay in place again.
Far cheaper than the Hartal spare and exactly the same.
Allan

Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning
I wrote a guide to replacing the door retainer.
Johns Cross will get you the parts for around twenty quid.

Copy / pasted:

I recently replaced the said same part on our Swift Freestyle. Johns Cross sorted me out with the required kit (many thanks !)
Dead easy to fit
You'll need:
a step ladder
4mm Allen Key
10 minutes of your time

Undo 4mm allen screw that holds swing arm to door frame. Bits fall on floor, but you wont need those anyway.
Climb up ladder - there'll be the remnants of a nylon slide in a slide channel. Slide it away from the door frame - it'll fly off the end onto the floor, but you wont that anyway. While you're there, clean the crap out of the slide channel. Be aware of the sharp edges, so either use a piece of kitchen roll, or someone elses finger.
Slide new nylon slide into the channel
Screw new swing arm to door frame (don't forget the nylon mounting whatsit).
Hook pin of swing arm into the nylon slide

Jobs a good un (y)

My original post:
http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/bolero-habitation-door-restraint-help.82114/#post-968727

Photos and bits:
http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/bolero-habitation-door-restraint-help.82114/#post-968738

Johns Cross post with part number:
http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/bolero-habitation-door-restraint-help.82114/#post-968716

Dec 27, 2014
Funster No
Hello

Well Jonkill it seems that TrishandTerry and I are not the only ones with this problem - you could find you have a chance of some sales.

I do have the old one, but of course it is broken.

Keith Hart
If you don't get sorted Keith then post me the item.... Send me all the pieces, I'll glue it back together and the laser will scan it and print an identical item.
PM me if needed.

Jon

OP
OP
Photo4x4

Photo4x4

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt with over cab
Exp
If you can't get one any other way post it to me & I'll make you one the old-fashioned way
What a kind offer Tony, your offer is much appreciated. It looks as though I can get the one Gizmouk posted about so I think I'll be okay. But thanks again for your offer.

I took a look at the earlier post as suggested and that looks exactly like the one I have fitted. I have taken off the stay and am ready to replace the whole lot. I've asked Highland Campervans to order the part from Swift for me.

Be aware of the sharp edges, so either use a piece of kitchen roll, or someone elses finger.

I like that, I'll get the wife to do it for me. :)

I am very grateful indeed to everyone for their help and advice. What a great forum this is.

Thanks again.

Keith

OP
OP
Photo4x4

Photo4x4

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt with over cab
Exp
Quick update...

Part arrived and took two minutes to fit. All in order now. (y)

Thanks for the part number.

KH

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back