I clearly have too much time on my hands!! (1 Viewer)

Feb 26, 2013
Pinar de Campoverde, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
I have been receiving the very informative monthly email from Motorhoming France so decided to pay my subscription to access their very comprehensive Aires list. I screen printed every free Aire so that I had a photo showing all the details for when I have no wifi. I then created 20 photo albums on my iPad, 1 for each region to store the pictures. I am now in the process of sticking a corresponding sticker on the pages of my map to show the location so that when we are touring I can see at a glance if we are near one. As there are over 1200 it could take a while!! :rofl:
image.jpg
image.jpg

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Now that is a good idea and whats more you could sell it, I know because I would buy it from you...........Griff

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
You do seem to have a lot of time to spare CB but do carry on with your mission - i love reading your blogs :D ;)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Coolbeanz
Feb 26, 2013
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
Now that is a good idea and whats more you could sell it, I know because I would buy it from you...........Griff
I thought of that and then realised I might come a cropper with copyright! :whistle2:

You do seem to have a lot of time to spare CB but do carry on with your mission - i love reading your blogs :D ;)
thank you although there wasn't any humour or excitement in February's post. Hopefully there will something amusing for March's :rofl:

BTW how much was it join ?
£12 (y)

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi £12 to join, I've been a member for the last few years,
Coolbeanz
, you could have bought there 2gb memory stick which has all there airtes /sites/ info / tours

MOTORHOMINGFRANCE AIRES & CAMPSITES DIRECTORY IS NOW AVAILABLE ON A 2Gb USB MEMORY STICK

A comprehensive & detailed directory of over 1,500 aires & campsites throughout France -- each entry has a location map, GPS coordinates, directions, details of facilities, prices, images & a full description - the majority of sites also have an independent review.

All this information is now available on a USB memory stick which enables you to view it on your laptop if you cannot access the internet. The programme is viewed as if you were connected to the internet.

PRICE INCLUDING P&P is £15.00

(Normal Price to non-members is £20.00)

or Alan ( who runs the site) will download it on to micro sd card so you can put it like me in to your tablet .

OP
OP
Coolbeanz
Feb 26, 2013
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
Hi £12 to join, I've been a member for the last few years,
Coolbeanz
, you could have bought there 2gb memory stick which has all there airtes /sites/ info / tours

MOTORHOMINGFRANCE AIRES & CAMPSITES DIRECTORY IS NOW AVAILABLE ON A 2Gb USB MEMORY STICK

A comprehensive & detailed directory of over 1,500 aires & campsites throughout France -- each entry has a location map, GPS coordinates, directions, details of facilities, prices, images & a full description - the majority of sites also have an independent review.

All this information is now available on a USB memory stick which enables you to view it on your laptop if you cannot access the internet. The programme is viewed as if you were connected to the internet.

PRICE INCLUDING P&P is £15.00

(Normal Price to non-members is £20.00)

or Alan ( who runs the site) will download it on to micro sd card so you can put it like me in to your tablet .
I saw the USB stick but wanted it on my IPad rather than laptop and also they add new Aires every month which I will add to my folders ;)

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
I have been receiving the very informative monthly email from Motorhoming France so decided to pay my subscription to access their very comprehensive Aires list. I screen printed every free Aire so that I had a photo showing all the details for when I have no wifi. I then created 20 photo albums on my iPad, 1 for each region to store the pictures. I am now in the process of sticking a corresponding sticker on the pages of my map to show the location so that when we are touring I can see at a glance if we are near one. As there are over 1200 it could take a while!! :rofl:View attachment 56672View attachment 56673

Fascinating-How about adding the Aires as custom POI's to a sat Nav that will alert you at a preset distance from a custom POI.
I believe Tom Tom can do that,my old Navman used to (y)

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Defiantly too much time on your hands or is it that you can now see after having your eyes fixed recently. Would be interested in a copy for my iPad too. Nearly count down to that ferry date. (y)

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi coolbeanz, like / similar to you I printed out a hard copy of all the aires ( while still at work using there printers etc) filled 3 books , filed in area codes , only problem too big to take with me while away , so each time we traveled I took only the area's which where planning on to travel to & through.
Now this year I will get the memory stick on micro SD card just in case we don't have tinternet

OP
OP
Coolbeanz
Feb 26, 2013
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
Hi coolbeanz, like / similar to you I printed out a hard copy of all the aires ( while still at work using there printers etc) filled 3 books , filed in area codes , only problem too big to take with me while away , so each time we traveled I took only the area's which where planning on to travel to & through.
Now this year I will get the memory stick on micro SD card just in case we don't have tinternet
I had the same thought about weight and space hence the idea of taking screenshots and creating photo albums. It didn't take long, it's sticking the stickers in the map that's keeping me out of trouble!!

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Too complicated for me, I'm bit of a simpleton ( according to Popeye) when it comes to computing etc, but I do love planning French holidays , currently planning our Brittany break in sept.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back