Free Member
Aug 28, 2012
Elgin,Moray,Scotland
Funster No
MH
bailey approach 760 se
Exp
since 2012
just bought one for wife's birthday but couldn't afford the cook book as well so as I know many members use them
Any suggestions for meals ???

Lindacarole

Free Member
Mar 23, 2014
Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
Hobby Siesta Van
Exp
Now a year !
Basically anything you can cook in an oven, or a stock pot. We reheat ready meals ( no microwave in our german van)
My mum used it for everything, great jacket potatoes etc. If you want to stew something just as you would at home, start it all off and then leave. It gets rather hot so I always stand it on the gas hob ( not on the hob lid) and all is fine.
Think oven but also a casserole pot. Best of both worlds. You can cook an entire chicken ( have not actually done this)
As the element is in the lid this is what you have to remember.

Hope this is of some help.
LC

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 20, 2012
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Camper van
Exp
1year 10 times
Have the cook book not fantastic look around the charity shops for the AGA or Rayburn cook books almost the same, ok the timings differ but the basic info is a help
Would it infringe copyrite if someone scanned it to a file would certainly help

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
It`s an oven why do you need a cook book, we`ve cooked just about everything in ours.

Try making an envelope out of kitchen foil, folding over once, twice then sealing sides, then place inside two seasoned chicken breasts, crushed garlic, a slice of butter, some sliced onion, then a small splash of Ouzo, or pernod.
Close up and cook in remoska for 40 mins, serve on a bed of rice with some veg, or pasta or new pots.

Yummy.

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
I got the old cookbook on ebay for £2 including p&p, although the rrecipes were not necessarily flavoured with the herbs etc I would normally use it was useful to give an idea of timings.

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
My other half uses the Remoska at home almost every day!

I've just asked her to give me a list of the range of stuff she cooks with it, but she's a bit busy and said "I'd be here all day..." But she is a great cook and loves experimenting with all the different stuff that can be done with it, from the simple to the more haute cuisine...

We bought the standard Remoska (small one) for the van, but she liked it so much she got a large one for the kitchen at home - actually it's the Tefal Roast and Bake ( http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B009TOU26U/?tag=mhf04-21 ), which is much the same as the large Remoska but half the price. Still uses much less electricity than turning on the oven.

Mike

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
We also use ours at home for almost any meal that will normally go in the main oven.
We bought the grand as the smaller one is a just too small for whole chickens.

We use it on the worktop at home, to protect the worktop we put two Jamie Oliver plates underneath which coincidently are a perfect fit between the legs, so plates already warmed ready to serve.

We have a shallow pyrex casserole dish in the bottom of the pan, just to protect the non stick surface and also keep the inside clean.
Most cooking is done using tinfoil envelopes, this is a great way to cook, you can prepare them beforehand leave in fridge until needed then just place inside Remoska and voila food cooks inside in it`s own juices so comes out succulent.
The chicken dish mentioned in a previous post is a perfect example of just how easy the Remoska can give perfect results and also keep washing up to a minimum.

Mostly we cook outside the motorhome with the awning wound out, amazing how many people comment of the cooking aromas as they pass.

We cook Bolognese sauces in a casserole dish covering with tinfoil instead of using the dishes lid to keep the height down.

Sweet Potato wedges, line Remoska with double folded tinfoil, cut potatoes into thick wedge shapes, drizzle with olive oil, (try the flavoured oils to add a different taste) season with Salt & Pepper, you can add crushed Garlic and Rosemary, cooking time will differ depending on how thick you have cut wedges.
We also prepare and cook small Roast Potatoes the same way, you can pre-boil the potatoes for 5 mins beforehand.

Fish Pie or Potato Dauphinoise are a so easily prepared and cooked in the Remoska, again cooking outside the motorhome keeps the interior food cooking smells free.

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
My other half uses the Remoska at home almost every day!

I've just asked her to give me a list of the range of stuff she cooks with it, but she's a bit busy and said "I'd be here all day..." But she is a great cook and loves experimenting with all the different stuff that can be done with it, from the simple to the more haute cuisine...

We bought the standard Remoska (small one) for the van, but she liked it so much she got a large one for the kitchen at home - actually it's the Tefal Roast and Bake ( http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B009TOU26U/?tag=mhf04-21 ), which is much the same as the large Remoska but half the price. Still uses much less electricity than turning on the oven.

Mike

Just looked on the Tefal and Amazon websites and it looks like the Tefal oven has been discontinued.
Shame as it looked like good value.

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2009
Just looked on the Tefal and Amazon websites and it looks like the Tefal oven has been discontinued.
Shame as it looked like good value.

Yes, I didn't actually find one available for sale when I looked online this morning. It is a pity if it's a discontinued item, which it possibly appears to be. Apologies if my post was a duff steer as far as the Tefal cooker is concerned...

Mike

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Yes, I didn't actually find one available for sale when I looked online this morning. It is a pity if it's a discontinued item, which it possibly appears to be. Apologies if my post was a duff steer as far as the Tefal cooker is concerned...

Mike

Hey no worries I was just thinking of buying another so I didn`t have to keep moving ours from the motorhome to the house, not certain I like the new Remoska, prefer the old lid with the glass window.

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2009
Hey no worries I was just thinking of buying another so I didn`t have to keep moving ours from the motorhome to the house, not certain I like the new Remoska, prefer the old lid with the glass window.

Yes we had the original Remoska with the glass window in the top which was handy, but after three years heavy use we had to get it replaced with the new model because it kept tripping the electrics at home. The new one is smaller, albeit uses slightly less electricity too. Some of the small rural sites we end up staying at in France only have 3amp hook-ups (meant for the fridge and charging the leisure battery), but at just 400 watts we are still able to cook with the Remoska. (y)

It is useful having 2 cookers - smaller one kept in the van, and the bigger one in the house.

Mike

Aug 4, 2013
Oop North
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Large Remoska .Old type with window cooks lovely pizza, spent a few evenings with the kids/grandkids concocting their own specials which then get cut up and shared around. We cheat with bought bases but a smear of oil on the base they get lovely and crispy. Nice evening fun for colder nights in motorhome too. Paella great.
Find Remoska a bit slow on the breakfast front, sausages hard to brown and everything seems to steam and get a bit soggy. I also have a nasty habit of burning myself on it. Sorry no specific recipes but just watch how much liquid you put in .... There is little or no evaporation you can get soak up sheets but very expensive I use kitchen roll.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back