can you stay in folkrstone eurotunnel car park overnight prior to journey (1 Viewer)

May 10, 2009
Liverpool
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
3 months
Hi, are you allowed to stay in eurotunnel car park overnight if you are travelling the next morning?

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
No. You can't check into the terminal more than two hours before the scheduled time of the train you are travelling on. If you arrive earlier than that you may be offered and have to accept an alternative earlier train and may or may not be charged extra.

Your options are either the services at J11 (5 minutes away) or Canterbury park & ride (20 minutes away)

I like Canterbury, £3 overnight, water and waste but you need to remember that you can't arrive later than 8.30pm or the barriers will be locked.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
No. You can't check into the terminal more than two hours before the scheduled time of the train you are travelling on. If you arrive earlier than that you may be offered and have to accept an alternative earlier train and may or may not be charged extra.

Your options are either the services at J11 (5 minutes away) or Canterbury park & ride (20 minutes away)

I like Canterbury, £3 overnight, water and waste but you need to remember that you can't arrive later than 8.30pm or the barriers will be locked.
Services £20 a night, travel at night and stay at cite europe for free for the sake of half an hour.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
I'm a newbie and always will be. You never know it all.
I stopped on Folkston see front before my trip over here in December, there is however a parking charge Between 8.00am and 8.00pm so just make sure your not there between those times.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
We have used the M20 services at Maidstone.. but that was in 2006 ... can't recall what we paid, but just checked and they now charge £32 for a caravan and £20 for a car.. no mention of charges for motorhomes.. :eek:..

bets plan is to time your journey to arrive less than 2 hours before departure..

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
There is a Tesco just off junction 12, seen MHs parked there. You can then go back along the A20 and enter the tunnel complex from the back, it's signed from the junction 12 roundabout.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Services £20 a night, travel at night and stay at cite europe for free for the sake of half an hour.

I agree about the earlier crossing if offered and if there's no extra charge but that isn't what the OPs question was. Wouldn't stay at Cite Europe though. Wissant for us.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I agree about the earlier crossing if offered and if there's no extra charge but that isn't what the OPs question was. Wouldn't stay at Cite Europe though. Wissant for us.
Gravelines for us, (y) but just stateing an example for the quickest.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I had a similar thread a couple of weeks ago, at least one other member had turned up more than 2 hours early, not taken the earlier options and been allowed in to park and wait

Might be worth a try, my guess is it will depend a lot on how busy they are, best not to presume you will get in

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
We have used the M20 services at Maidstone.. but that was in 2006 ... can't recall what we paid, but just checked and they now charge £32 for a caravan and £20 for a car.. no mention of charges for motorhomes.. :eek:..

bets plan is to time your journey to arrive less than 2 hours before departure..

For those prices I'd expect electric & tank emptying ! :sneaky::whistle:

Al-Di

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 15, 2014
prestwich
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil A Class
Exp
since 2013
J10, M20
Waves Car Wash (Tesco Ashford Crooksfoot Car Park)
Tesco store
Hythe Road
Ashford, Kent TN24 0YE
United Kingdom
Open today
  1. 8:30 am – 6:30 pm
we use this never had a problem

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.