Stephen Scott

Free Member
Jul 30, 2014
Funster No
MH
Swift Freestyle 590 Year
Exp
5 years
Have a low mileage (19500 miles) 2004 Swift Freestyle 590. Has anyone any decent recommendations for insurance. Would like it to be linked with comprehensive breakdown cover. No intention of going abroad this year.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
comfort is mine also good cover at reasonable cost, but safeguard and caravan guard are good but not sure they have the best prices

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
try safeguard -but there is 365 days eu cover +eu breakdown =ask them to quote without

Xabia

Free Member
Jan 20, 2011
Rural Nottinghamshire and Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1996
Just renewed with Comfort for 4th year and I am a semi-retired broker - can't get anywhere near the cover or premium in the normal markets my company uses.

colinw

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Bolton , Lancs.
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Under a year
As a new motorhome owner , comfort were the cheapest .Fortunately safeguard turned me down , they were recommended by supplying dealer and lots of folks on here , but were slightly dearer as it turns out .

O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
Hi. Just got a quote from Comfort. I use to be with them a few years ago. They have quoted £50 more than caravan and camping club renewal premium for the same cover. Will keep looking.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Another vote for Comfort in my 5th year with them, on my current van they are ½ the price of anyone else.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
You have to try several. I'm with Saga but this may not be the best for you. There are many different factors they take into account.

Photo4x4

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt with over cab
Exp
Has anyone any decent recommendations for insurance.
The problem here is that vehicle insurance is very personal and specific. There are many facts that are taken into consideration such as, your age, occupation, driving experience, vehicle details (age, model, engine size), where you live (post code) where the vehicle will be kept (garaged, private drive, on a road), your driving history (penalty points), no claims bonus, how many miles a year you will drive the vehicle, voluntary excess charges - the number of permutations are almost infinite!

This means that almost no two persons will get the same quote from the same company. We went with SAGA and took their European and breakdown options but YOU may get a better deal elsewhere (indeed next year so may we). There is only one option I'm afraid - and that is to decide exactly what cover you need and then to get as many quotes as possible. Also the cheapest is not always the best cover.

Unfortunately there is no 'one size fits all' in motor insurance.

Good luck. :)

KH

OP
OP
Stephen Scott

Stephen Scott

Free Member
Jul 30, 2014
Funster No
MH
Swift Freestyle 590 Year
Exp
5 years
Hi Folks
Many thanks for the advice. Just waiting for my current insurer to let me have their latest quite before I make a decision. KH. I agree there are many invariables to be considered.

Terry49

Free Member
Oct 23, 2012
Lymm
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache
Exp
Insured our 3 year old Apache today fully comprehensive for 2 people with 3 years no claims £1700 cover for satnav/ TV/audio and European Breakdown cover for £337. 65 year old in Cheshie through Aviva

OP
OP
Stephen Scott

Stephen Scott

Free Member
Jul 30, 2014
Funster No
MH
Swift Freestyle 590 Year
Exp
5 years
Hi Folks
Sorry for not getting back to update. I have had a big project at home replacing the bathroom fitments and re tiling. Still not finished!
Eventually went with Grove and Dean Ltd for my motor home insurance. Same cover as I had before and only £185 plus complimentary home start breakdown cover. It pays to shop around as my last insurer went up by more than £100.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
I couldn't get better than the CCC, They included UK Recovery too. Comfort wanted 3 times the premium!. The CC wanted More (than CCC) with recovery on top!.

Still a Ton cheaper that the Last R-V though!!

Pete

lauren/luke

Free Member
Apr 21, 2015
Funster No
hi I have insured my Renault master through Adrian flux does anybody insure with them not found any on the forum had an swift escape complete rubbish van traded 2 years down for atimberland seem well built about £340 but had to pay more for the change over the wrinkleys pam del

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back