LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Has anybody stayed overnight at York lorry park?

No but I can picture a man is high viz jacket and a notebook coming over "I am giving you a fixed penalty notice because you are not a lorry and the sign clearly says Lorry Park".

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi Brian how so? my logbook says PHGV, if the DVLA are going to class me as a Lorry I would think I can park in a Lorry park.

From wiki;-
The same applies to the initials "HGV" (for Heavy Goods Vehicle) which is basically synonymous with "lorry". The word truck is also accepted in these countries, and can apply to large vans as well as to lorries (i.e. its scope is slightly wider)

Olley

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Has anybody stayed overnight at York lorry park?

Link Removed

I see there is a telephone number for the lorry park on the page you linked to. Easiest way to find out what vehicles are allowed (or not) by the parking order is probably to give them a ring.

Alternatively, there are telephone and e-mail contact details for the parking office Link Removed.

Graham

OP
OP
Linda and Steph
Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since June 2008
I see there is a telephone number for the lorry park on the page you linked to. Easiest way to find out what vehicles are allowed (or not) by the parking order is probably to give them a ring.

Alternatively, there are telephone and e-mail contact details for the parking office Link Removed.

Graham

I've already contacted them, just waiting for a response :thumb:

OP
OP
Linda and Steph
Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since June 2008
Great. Let me know the outcome and I'll stick a note on the web site :thumb:

Graham

Something you might be interested in:

We went to Milton Keynes shopping place (MK 1 ?) just before Christmas, couldn't find anywhere big enough to park apart from the coach park.

Not wanting to risk getting clamped or worse (we were en-route to the tunnel to spend the holidays in France) we asked a nearby traffic warden who said it wasn't her patch so we called the coach park owners, asking if we'd be ok for a few hours.

We were told that if we had 8 seats or more then we could be classed as a bus and so we could park. She gave us her name and number and said to contact her if we had any problems. Result :thumb:

Feb 18, 2009
Guisborough North Yorkshi
Funster No
MH
Malibu T410
Exp
Since August 2008
We stayed in the Lorry Park in Hull Last weekend,next to Priory Park and Ride.
£8.00 per 24hrs. We were charged £2.00 (Refundable) for an electronic swipe card to access the security gate.
There were CLEAN toilets and showers on site 24hr(Friendly) security guards would definately recommend it on the way to the ferry

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Something you might be interested in:

We went to Milton Keynes shopping place (MK 1 ?) just before Christmas, couldn't find anywhere big enough to park apart from the coach park.

Not wanting to risk getting clamped or worse (we were en-route to the tunnel to spend the holidays in France) we asked a nearby traffic warden who said it wasn't her patch so we called the coach park owners, asking if we'd be ok for a few hours.

We were told that if we had 8 seats or more then we could be classed as a bus and so we could park. She gave us her name and number and said to contact her if we had any problems. Result :thumb:

Brilliant, Ta. Google search indicates that the place is called thecentre:mk. I've added a note to the Buckinghamshire page.

Graham

iceni

Free Member
Dec 3, 2007
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Lowline Coachbuilt
Exp
27yrs
Many years ago i stayed on a lorry park a few times quite near to Bootham bar along with quite a few MHs. They allow you to park overnight but if you want to leave before 9am you have to buy a card to allow this. It was ok and we didnt have any trouble.

Phill

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back