DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
Small as in narrow? The wider the door the more space you lose inside plus the more room you need to open it & the more the wind will pull it out of your hand etc. etc.

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
Small as in narrow? The wider the door the more space you lose inside plus the more room you need to open it & the more the wind will pull it out of your hand etc. etc.
There you have it. In a nutshell I think (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Steve

Steve

LIFE MEMBER
May 8, 2013
Compton Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
on and off for 40 years
and her reply to that was, well you might think so but i think they are too small!

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
There are companies who will fit wider doors for disabled access etc. but will mean losing some furniture/seating space.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
;) Its nice to see her taking an interest in motorhomes Steve, your getting there. :ROFLMAO: Bob.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
We love the big door on our PVC which unlike some designs has nothing built into the opening, such as a bit of the kitchen. It makes it feel very light and airy inside.
P9220113.JPG

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
It's all to do with The Bible, Genesis, chapter 2. :)

" And on the third day, God did make a motorhome, and spaketh to Adam, and said, Adam, this is your motorhome. You can use it to explore this world I have created for thee, and for your offspring. It is a goodly motorhome, and doth possess a fold down bed, a grill, for making your toast, and a fridge." And Adam was duly amazed, and walked around the motorhome God had made for him. He fell down on his knees, and did cry out to The Lord, and thanked him greatly. But then, he did espy the very small door, and in his anguish, he spake again unto The Lord (who was on his smoke break) "Oh God, why doth the habitation door have such a small opening?" And The Lord replied, "Adam, in my wisdom, I saw that as soon as you would drive out of Edan, you would stop and pick up the first fat slapper you encountered on the road. Stop you may, but you will never get her on board...........":);)

OP
OP
Steve

Steve

LIFE MEMBER
May 8, 2013
Compton Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
on and off for 40 years
Tell Bren she will fit through a half width door anyway
terry
Its a good job brens not reading this, her and a mate (girl) were looking at the van saying nice things when another one came over and asked wheres bren i said down the garden with nicky looking at the mh cos they are after one if your going down takes these drinks and do you want a glass as well so she was carraying three glasses and trying to get up the steps with her hands full when the comment was made that the door was not very wide and i was asked are they all like this and why?

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
Not on Yank stuff----they have bigger fridges:)(y)
That's just two things we love about yank stuff------bigger fridges and sensible size doors
Nigel & Pamala

And bigger fuel tanks (& consumption)

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
best reply so far(y)(y)(y)
Quite a number of years ago my wife & I were on a CL which was one end of a large field. In which there was a very large horse. The lady in a nearby caravan encouraged said horse to visit her van for treats. This went on for a day or two until she was able to offer the treats without stepping out of her van. On the very last occasion, just before she & hubby left the CL in a hurry, she offered the horse a treat then turned & went further into the van. The horse, which was as tall as her van, ducked then stepped inside. Two legs and a large rear were still outside but a very large head and both front legs were inside. The van wobbled quite a bit and terrified shrieks came from it. My wife & I were helpless with laughter so we missed the horse extricating itself. The couple & their van left within the hour. We were still laughing.

I often wonder what they thought would happen :D:D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back