Sep 21, 2013
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since Apr 2013
bracket.jpg
Just purchased this for M H as I've acquired a new TV. Unfortunately using the same mounting block on the wall as the old one used makes the TV too high to fit under the side locker by an inch. Now all you technical engineering types would undoing the central pivot and moving the arm to the underside cause any undue or extra stress to the unit.

Thanks for all the sensible comments I know I am going to get.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
View attachment 56115 Just purchased this for M H as I've acquired a new TV. Unfortunately using the same mounting block on the wall as the old one used makes the TV too high to fit under the side locker by an inch. Now all you technical engineering types would undoing the central pivot and moving the arm to the underside cause any undue or extra stress to the unit.

Thanks for all the sensible comments I know I am going to get.
No it will not affect the strength of the unit at all.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
vectian
Sep 21, 2013
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since Apr 2013
thanks sundowner and tonyidle.
It cant be mounted upside down as the 4 pronged bit that attaches to the tv set has a hook and eye type attachment to hold it in place and a grub screw to secure it

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Is the middle pivot a nut and bolt, if so could you put top arm underneath , that would lower it a bit.

OP
OP
vectian
Sep 21, 2013
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since Apr 2013
Well the deed has been done and all seems to be ok and tv now fits under side locker

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
vectian
Sep 21, 2013
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since Apr 2013
The way I asked about. Undid the central pivot and put the front arm underneath the back arm instead of it being on top. Seems to be working ok

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back