S

sinbad1

Deleted User
Does your pc take ages to shutdown?

Here is a way to speed up shutdown

Be sure to backup your registy before making any changes

Click Start type Regedit.exe if vista
Select Run and type Regedit.exe in the box then ok

Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Current controlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management

Double click on ClearPageFileAtShutdown.
Change the value data to 0
Close exit registry.

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Blimey Sinbad i'll end up contactin NASA if I try that. Guess I'll just keep on pressin off Jim :roflmto::roflmto:

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
So it's just shutting down without clearing the data from the pagefile then.....

Some third-party programs can temporarily store unencrypted (plain-text) passwords or other sensitive information in memory. Because of the Windows virtual memory architecture, this information can be present in the paging file.Normally this won't be a problem.

Crikey....Just out of interest I have just tried this application.

Download Super Fast Shutdown - tweaks, windows, xp, 2000, winxp, win2k, shutdown, quick, reboot, restart, fast :Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:

Crikey...Well the PC shut down real fast and booted up again without a blue screen....Phewwww.

BEWARE....
The freeware runs fine on Windows Vista and XP, you should just be aware that Superfast Shutdown ignores everything that is still open and running. This could mean that you loose data that has not been saved. So make sure to save all your work first.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

sinbad1

Deleted User
Blimey Sinbad i'll end up contactin NASA if I try that. Guess I'll just keep on pressin off Jim :roflmto::roflmto:

So it's just shutting down without clearing the data from the pagefile then.....

Some third-party programs can temporarily store unencrypted (plain-text) passwords or other sensitive information in memory. Because of the Windows virtual memory architecture, this information can be present in the paging file.Normally this won't be a problem.

Crikey....Just out of interest I have just tried this application.

Download Super Fast Shutdown - tweaks, windows, xp, 2000, winxp, win2k, shutdown, quick, reboot, restart, fast :Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:

Crikey...Well the PC shut down real fast and booted up again without a blue screen....Phewwww.

BEWARE....
The freeware runs fine on Windows Vista and XP, you should just be aware that Superfast Shutdown ignores everything that is still open and running. This could mean that you loose data that has not been saved. So make sure to save all your work first.

What u like, Mcafee site advisor tags that site as spyware :Eeek: if i were you I would run your anti-virus/malware to check.

No it doesn't clear the page file, and to be honest if you have a decent amount of memory, nowdays you don't need it and in fact can be switched off without any problems . As for the data in the unlikely event your pc was hacked page file or not they would be able to find data (but if your unsure then don't make the changes).

NB. I have had this tweak for a long time now with no problems at all

Regards

Last edited by a moderator:

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
What u like, Mcafee site advisor tags that site as spyware :Eeek: if i were you I would run your anti-virus/malware to check.

No it doesn't clear the page file, and to be honest if you have a decent amount of memory, nowdays you don't need it and in fact can be switched off without any problems . As for the data in the unlikely event your pc was hacked page file or not they would be able to find data (but if your unsure then don't make the changes).

NB. I have had this tweak for a long time now with no problems at all

Regards

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:You've always got to check out these things

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back