Mobile roaming charges to continue (1 Viewer)

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
Frustrating isn't it !

I have a 3 dongle for Europe but have stuck with EE for the phone.

Couldn't understand why more carriers weren't lowering the charges - now we know why.

Will be switching the mobile to 3 tomorrow....

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Frustrating isn't it !

Couldn't understand why more carriers weren't lowering the charges - now we know why.

Make sure you let EE know why you are switching because that is what will make them sit up and take notice.

Mr Olaf Swantee Chief Executive Email olaf.swantee@ee.co.uk
T-Mobile UK Ms Francoise Clemes Chief Customer Officer Email francoise.clemes@ee.co.uk

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
Frustrating isn't it !

I was under the impression that 3 data only SIMs were not included in the no roaming charges. I will have to read the website again.

VODAFONE keep telling us we have a deal that includes UK data at 3 Euro per day but we got caught out as that deal only applies to use in Smart phones not a dongle (apparently they can tell). We changed to Orange (Carrefour Mobile data solo) while in Spain.

If 3 deal also covers dongle data we will be leaving Vodafone on our return to the UK.

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
I use THREE for data and phone (Feel at home abroad) then for extra minutes I use Toggle Mobile at 3p/minute :D

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
That news is so frustrating.
Now glad that I have just changed our contract to 3 network which gives us calls and data from France at the same rate as in the UK. Spain will also be on the list from April. £15 per month (sim only) for unlimited data and 100 minutes of calls. Can tether in the UK but not in Europe.

Richard.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
I will now be voting with my feet..
My son moved to Three recently and I will follow suit shortly.
Was holding on with EE to see if they changed policy but makes sense for us as we visit Spain often.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
If buying a Three PAYG SIM for data make sure you get the SIM which is for mobile broadband. I bought a £10 phone PAYG SIM in order to check reception where I live and after using it in a MiFi for a couple of days a message came up telling me to put the SIM back in my phone! I have now ordered a data only SIM from them and will use that in Spain next month.

There are data and voice SIMs available but I only want it for data when outside the UK, so PAYG seems the best bet. I know there are issues topping up when overseas but it is manageable I think. My phone is O2 as Three coverage where I live is poor.

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
Yes, I'm using a '3' data only sim in an unlocked mifi dongle.
Often its supplying 5+ devices with broadband.
Cost is £15pm for 10gb of data, 30 day rolling contract.

Have now got my pac code and will be moving to '3' mobile shortly.
Coverage has proved to be as good as any other network, so now confident to switch.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back