solar panel conversion (1 Viewer)

Mar 1, 2015
stevenage
Funster No
MH
rapido 709f
Exp
since1990
I recently bought a rapido 709f to go wild camping in Europe and needed a power source.I thought about a generator but they are pretty anti social with the noise and having to carry around cans of petrol so I decided on the solar power option.I fitted two 100w solar panels on the roof connected to a 20amp controller.The controller feeds two 96ah batt's in parallel with the leisure battery giving me about 280ah of power when fully charged.These batt's are connected to a 3000w pure wave inverter.I cut the three lead cable from the hook-up connector and connected it to one side of a three way throw switch.I connected the inverter to the other side of the three way switch and the other side of the cut hook-up cable to the middle or common of the switch.I now have the choice of using hook-up if I'm on site or solar panels off site.Because it's controlled by a switch I can't use both at the same time.I have also taken out my three way fridge and replaced it with a small compressor fridge.The advantage is I can use it on the move and it will stay nice and cold unlike when it's on dc when they are next to useless.The batt's are also being charged by the alternater when on the move.The system works perfectly and can't wait till april when i'll be getting on the ferry.

LOVEBUG1

Free Member
Mar 2, 2015
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Fiat Chasson Welcome 70
Exp
since 2012
Wow ... Sounds technical ... What Are you charging to fit for us non DIY girls ? Lovebug1

f6c

Nov 7, 2010
gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu 640
Exp
23 Years
Bloody hell that would take me fortnight to type what!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
The system works perfectly and can't wait till april when i'll be getting on the ferry.
Me too :p
CA_06021419474436-X2.jpg

Reactions: f6c

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back