Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
Do I detect the green shoots of the forum stiring into life after hibernating for months? Frozen tanks, no water and condensation posts have given way to "What Motorhome should I get" A sure sign that a clutch of new motorhomers are joining our ranks.

Don't we just love it when someone can't get a fresh water filler cap off or the question, "Which outdoor BBQ?" runs into five pages!

This is like manna to the old sweats who have become almost comatose waiting for a half-decent post to get their teeth (and claws) into.

Full-timers, Benidormers and snow adventurers apart, you can FEEL the stirrings of the rest of us. Washing down threads, storage flat battery threads, even polish has been mentioned!

Are we emerging like the daffodils into a new season?

Let the games begin! :D

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Just been to Sainsbury's to top up with diesel and use a 10p off coupon, only saved £6 but it does makes me feel good. If they give it it's daft not to use it. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013
Took ours for a 30 mile spin today as I don't like to let it stand for more than 3 weeks, cant wait to get the bed made up and the food and drink cupboards stocked up again. Bring it on.:)

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
traction + really helps. In future won't have van without it...

LilacMoss

Free Member
Jan 10, 2015
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Looking again....
Exp
Im a newbie...since Sept 14
hi @LilacMoss If there is anything you ARE stuck on that can wait, PLEASE, PLEASE know that when you get to the meets there is ALWAYS someone there who will help you. I will do my best to help as I am gradually learning bits too. :)

Awww bless you movan...big hugggggs & thank you! (y):bear:

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
....and can I do it by myself...?(n)

I was confused by this until I read Movans reply.
YES... Come and get out. If in doubt just ask, there is always someone with information and practical help.
Sometimes you have to ask the question to find out. !!

However my 9 yearold grandson takes some beating...
This week alone I have had "Grandad, what's a wet T shirt competiton ?" and "Grandad, what's 50 shades of gray?"..
:rofl::rofl:

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
I am spending already !!!!
Moved the van ready for a water fill and looked at that darn door catch that always never holds !!
2 mins on ebay and a new one in the post for £3.40 delivered :) I love internet shopping.
Brownhills wanted £5.99 and £3 postage. !!

$_57.JPG

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
Fetching my MH back tomorrow, it will be washed and aired, bedding and other stuff will be put back in. Then take for the MOT on Friday morning. The sun is shining, the sky is blue, the flowers are flowering, winter is now behind us and young ladies will be parading themselves in their scant attire.:devil::devil: Sorry, but all part of spring and summer to me! :coolest::coolest:

Oct 25, 2014
Cambridge
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs A 7870-2
Exp
Newbie, caravanner since 2008
Hear Hear!

Our skis are out of the MH garage and now back under the spare bed in the house. They have been replaced with mountain bikes, folding chairs and the BBQ!:)
You mean you don't ski at Easter? I get very painful hands in the cold, even in ski gloves, so prefer the warmer weather. Cheaper too. Drove to Les Deux Alpes 13 years ago and had a fab time. Still, that was probably before climate change! :LOL:

Oct 25, 2014
Cambridge
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs A 7870-2
Exp
Newbie, caravanner since 2008
You mean you don't ski at Easter? I get very painful hands in the cold, even in ski gloves, so prefer the warmer weather. Cheaper too. Drove to Les Deux Alpes 13 years ago and had a fab time. Still, that was probably before climate change! :LOL:
....and (lots of) kids. :rolleyes:

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006

It's an option for next year!
The February crowds were nearly unbearable. We spent more time avoiding collisions rather than working on improving our skiing!

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I have a Fiat FWD MH, will I get stuck in a field if there is a heavy dew even if the ground is rock hard?
Would you recommend RWD?
The recent snow on the Spanish mountains my mate was the only one still going had to stop in the end due to other idiots blocking the road. A Carthago FWD Fiat with summer tyres said Traction Plus works really well he's had RWD Mercs before he said after that experience would only buy Fiat in future.

LilacMoss

Free Member
Jan 10, 2015
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Looking again....
Exp
Im a newbie...since Sept 14
I was confused by this until I read Movans reply.
YES... Come and get out. If in doubt just ask, there is always someone with information and practical help.
Sometimes you have to ask the question to find out. !!

This week alone I have had "Grandad, what's a wet T shirt competiton ?" and "Grandad, what's 50 shades of gray?"..
:rofl::rofl:

And @tonka....what words of delightful wisdom did you impart to your grandson..? In my view, if they're old enough to ask the question, then they're old enough to hear the answer....:sneaky::sneaky::rofl:

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
Duvet covers and fleeces washed, collecting motorhome from storage on Monday, it's had it's mot, hab check and new bumper over winter and we are off for just a couple of days next week.(y)

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
van serviced today washed might even give it a wax just a few wee jobs to do and champing at the bit
to get going
bill

Southampton

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 16, 2011
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
Van serviced, tyres rotated, gas filled, all systems checked, half way through loading ready for the off to Spain on the 17th. Slightly delayed this year due to birth of new granddaughter.

Oct 20, 2014
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 680 SL
Exp
Since 2014
Getting ready for our first trip this year week Saturday to Black Knowl, can't wait. Starting to wash everything in sight. :LOL:

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
ben beavering away today just fixing bit's and boobs some wiring that needed tiding up cant weight to getaway
bill

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
if they're old enough to ask the question, then they're old enough to hear the answer....
At the age of 9 they know the answer, they're just trying to embarrass you!!! :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back