Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Why am I different ?
Parked on site at Cromwell and after a cold night the 55 reg Burstner Coachbuilt opposite and the new 9m tag Frankia next door are streaming with condensation, but my windows are dry as a bone after a warm as toast nights sleep . WHY??
Is this a eurovan problem ?

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
The answer must be ventilation I guess, presuming you didn't have external screens

we had similar oddities in January, some nights running condensation others nothing in similar temperatures and same position on same site, I put that down to wind direction forcing ventilation (it was proper windy 70mph)

other than that lucky you :)

edit - we have a Hymer A class

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
I have the windscreen thermal screen covers on the outside of ours and never have any condensation at all even when cooking or showering. My RV used to steam right up and the windows would be dripping with condensation. Think the covers work well

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Why am I different ?
Parked on site at Cromwell and after a cold night the 55 reg Burstner Coachbuilt opposite and the new 9m tag Frankia next door are streaming with condensation, but my windows are dry as a bone after a warm as toast nights sleep . WHY??
Is this a eurovan problem ?
Larry, do you isolate the cab from the habitation area, by the means of a drawn curtain? If we do that when not using external screens in winter, then our cab windows remain totally dry.

Many newer built Euro MHs have central heating heating vents on the top of the dashboard close to the screen, which helps to keep it clear of condensation.

Cheers,

Jock.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Larrynwin
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Larry, do you isolate the cab from the habitation area, by the means of a drawn curtain? If we do that when not using external screens in winter, then our cab windows remain totally dry.

Many newer built Euro MHs have central heating heating vents on the top of the dashboard close to the screen, which helps to keep it clear of condensation.

Cheers,

Jock.

Hi Jock , we have hanging curtains inside cab, but otherwise I think the fact we have two roof vents slightly open helps.
I talked to the guy with the Frankia and he doesn't have vents open which is probably the cause of his condensation.

OP
OP
Larrynwin
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
I have the windscreen thermal screen covers on the outside of ours and never have any condensation at all even when cooking or showering. My RV used to steam right up and the windows would be dripping with condensation. Think the covers work well

Although I have thermal screens , I'm not using them, just the curtains around the cab . Ventilation is the answer I think.

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
To be honest Larry we never had a problem with the european motorhomes we had ,( C.I. & an autotrail chieftain)but always kept well vented.so i hope we dont get probs with the N+B;)
Brian & Jo

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
They might have been cooking!

May 7, 2013
RUK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On our 2nd MH now a AutoTrail Savannah which we're absolutely delighted with
Steamy windows! memories memories!!!!!!!!!

Mar 1, 2015
stevenage
Funster No
MH
rapido 709f
Exp
since1990
It's probably the wind.Open the windows and let it out!!

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Probably all the above heavy breathing with a bed right by the screen.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Simple answer Larry. All RVs come factory vented, something to do with all those drafts around the slideouts :whistle:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back