damp in two year old motor home rollerteam 746 (1 Viewer)

swanseajack13

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 19, 2013
Swansea
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
3 years
new on march 1st 2013 had our habitation check today inspector found 40 %damp at rear garage door at one side and 25%on the other side but we only paid £46.000 for it so it pays to have the check we have a 10 year warranty on this m/h now for the fun with the dealer o shit lolray

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
hopefully its a decent dealer and their bodywork people get it fixed quickly for you

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Take it straight back to the dealer........you don't say what make the van is.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Hope you get it sorted without any hassle.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
habitation check today inspector found 40 %damp at rear garage door at one side and 25%on the other side

it's not desperately high and may well dry out when the warmer weather comes.. maybe just a door seal needing attention.. but good to have it looked at professionally

A good investment would be a pinless damp meter.. could then keep an eye on it and the rest of the van

I just bought this one for checking prospective purchases.. Link Removed

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
SNAP !!
But mine was list price £53,000 and I had that level of water ingress at 1 year old on an Autotrail... !!! Dealer was waste of time and never replied to me ( Leisure Kingdom) luckily I had also emailed Autotrail and they had it back at the factory for rectification..

Your now in year two, coming on to year 3 so you may find the dealers legal obligation has finished. It will all be down to how good the warranty is and how they have to claim. Hopefully it may just be a bad bit of sealant and easily cured but get your own damp meter and start keeping a watch..
Good luck and let us know how you get on..

O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
Hi.
Just a word of caution. I was looking to change Elle, my 15 year old Swift Gazelle earlier this year and as I knew I had a small area of damp at 25% on the rear offside I also looked at the repair options. I went round to 3 caravan / MH repair companies and was shown around each of their workshops. For the most part they were working on damp units, most between 2 and 6 years old, one was only a year old. I was staggard how bad some of them were. They said that my old girl was in brilliant condition for her age ( she was sitting in the car at the time...! ) so I had that damp sorted and had a complete overseas done to keep her going for another ten years. The morale of the story, have an indipendant damp survey carried out before you buy, (or check with your own damp meter) regardless of how young and attractive she may be!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
it's not desperately high and may well dry out when the warmer weather comes.. maybe just a door seal needing attention.. but good to have it looked at professionally

A good investment would be a pinless damp meter.. could then keep an eye on it and the rest of the van

I just bought this one for checking prospective purchases.. Link Removed

Thanks for the link Jim, just ordered one. We have a 2008 Rollerteam passed hab check last month but slight damp reading back overhead cupboard and overcab bed window but guy was not too worried thinking winter condensation. I 've not got a lot of confidence in him, we have had to email him for report so would like to keep a check ourself plus might need it for a new one someday.(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back