immobiliser code (1 Viewer)

Mar 1, 2015
stevenage
Funster No
MH
rapido 709f
Exp
since1990
Can anyone tell me where I can get the immobiliser code for my fiat ducato rapido 709f.I bought the motorhome but the code card was not with it The previous owner said it didn't have one.Thanks.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
fiat main dealer.....they will check the VIN number and get the code from the factory

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
It may have to be a truck dealer rather than a car franchise. When we needed an extra ignition key we had to go that way.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
as for not getting the card passed on by the previous owner, its not uncommon for them not to be issued when the van is new

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
as for not getting the card passed on by the previous owner, its not uncommon for them not to be issued when the van is new
Agreed, thanks to UK insurers paranoia.

The British insurers association/governing body decided that to issue an immobiliser code card was not a good idea as folks would leave the code card in the handbook and subsequently leave that in the vehicle.
they insisted the cards were not issued and main dealers would retain the codes on hard drive.

OP
OP
ifearnobeer
Mar 1, 2015
stevenage
Funster No
MH
rapido 709f
Exp
since1990
I am concerned about not having the code,that in the middle of nowhere(a probability in a motorhome)and I have an immobiliser fault , i will have to get it towed to the nearest fiat dealer.Are fiat obliged to give me the code regardless of what the british insurance may say.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I am concerned about not having the code,that in the middle of nowhere(a probability in a motorhome)and I have an immobiliser fault , i will have to get it towed to the nearest fiat dealer.Are fiat obliged to give me the code regardless of what the british insurance may say.
Once they have confirmed you are the legal owner they will give you the code....or sell you it like some do with radio codes.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
If the van was originally brought in UK it won't have key card and dealer will charge £15 for the info, if originally brought abroad it should have a key card (I've got one:))
Rip off Brittan again.:)

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
As the Fiat immobilser was inherently faulty, the code often doesn't work. Better to take the vehicle to a decent auto electrican and have the CODE immobiliser removed. If your concerned have them fit a decent after market immobilser.

Fiat claimed that the immobiliser couldn't be removed.

Anyone interested in removal? send me a copy of your V5 registration document and the Motorhome Fun subscribers Van Bitz discount code and we will email you simple instructions how to remove the Fiat CODE immobiliser

This is a free service for MHFun subscribers!

Eddie

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back