Free Member
Aug 24, 2008
leyland
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
6 years
Hi everyone,hope somebody can help is there overnight parking at dunkerque ferry port. many thanks . shorty:Doh:

Dreamchaserrv

Free Member
Jan 31, 2008
Wherever we park
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
9 Years
Hi Shorty, No problem there is a large piece of waste land right next to the terminal . Very rough and bumpy all the trucks use it. Have stayed overnight with trucks no problem. " minutes to ferry.:thumb::thumb:

traveller353

Free Member
Feb 15, 2009
southend on sea
Funster No
MH
motorhome
Exp
17 years
Dunkerque parking

Hi everyone,hope somebody can help is there overnight parking at dunkerque ferry port. many thanks . shorty:Doh:
Hi dont know about at the ferry port but we are going via dunkerque and in the Camperstop europe book it says there is a free air de camping behind the police station, so it should be safe. It gives gps as GPS 51: 3: 12 N, 2: 24: 55 E. hope that helps

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

traveller353

Free Member
Feb 15, 2009
southend on sea
Funster No
MH
motorhome
Exp
17 years
Hi again just read another post and someone else has said they park next to the ticket office at dunkerque and can use toilets and shower:roflmto:

Nov 28, 2007
Funster No
If you want a relaxed nights sleep DONT sleep on the waste ground where all the lorries park, last time I did that the illegals were rnning around the back of the motorhome and the lorries looking fr ways to get in,on or under the vehicles for a free ride across.
It was worrying at 2am to hear them whispering inches from my head, they soon moved on when i looked out.

My advice to you would be either park up outside the ticket office, plenty of room, or go to the canal bank at Gravelines for a quiet night.

RD

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
We parked up for a few hours kip last year outside the ticket office, no problems there but we saw one van parked up up the road in the middle of the area, didn't fancy that. Stick to the terminal.

Bill

traveller353

Free Member
Feb 15, 2009
southend on sea
Funster No
MH
motorhome
Exp
17 years
Dunkerque parking

If you are arriving at Dunkerque from UK do you have to leave to termonal then re-enter to get to the ticket office
Cheers

johnny K

Free Member
Nov 8, 2008
Home in Reading
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750 FML
Exp
Many years
Insurance on Towing a small car

Can anyone recommend an insurance co that would cover the car thats being towed behind my motorhome. Many thanks johnn K

estcres

Free Member
Oct 9, 2007
Sunny Bournemouth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
We waited in the lorry parking area last year when returning from France waiting for Norfolkline to allocate us a ferry (arrived very early). It was very noisy with lories coming and going all the time also various illegals eyeing up all the vehicles for a free ride.

The area near the ticket office has proved very useful and the staff have always been helpful.

Hope this helps.

traveller353

Free Member
Feb 15, 2009
southend on sea
Funster No
MH
motorhome
Exp
17 years
insurance for car being towed

Can anyone recommend an insurance co that would cover the car thats being towed behind my motorhome. Many thanks johnn K
Hi Jonny, we tow a smart car on a trailer behind our motorhome, we insure the motorhome,trailer and smart all with SAGA insurance, they are the cheapst for us as they are one of the few insurance companys that give full year cover in Europe, and there european breakdown cover for a whole uear is only about £80. Trailer cover is really good a an add on as again no retrictions for time in europe and didnt all the hitch locks that others insisted on. Hope this helps
Traveler353

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
as others have said, we park up near the ticket office. if you're very early park away from the office as we ended up in the boarding lane. :Eeek:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back