continental travel (1 Viewer)

Deleted User
We are looking at visiting Slovenia in September for about 6 weeks and will be taking our dog with us. I am sure many funsters will have been to Slovenia, does anybody have any information regarding taking our dog, i.e. do they need to be muzzled and I have heard that ticks can be a problem. Any info would be appreciated.

spongy

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Muzzling was not required when we visited last year.

Ticks are a potential problem anywhere, including UK. Buy Frontline or similar on line and use it. No problems!

OP
OP

Deleted User
Hi Maison
Thanks for the info, glad to know you didnt need to muzzel your dog, if we did we would most likely go somewhere else. We use frontline, might put some on ourselves!

spongy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
We use Avantix as recommended by our vet, I don't think Frontline does much for ticks.

Meg has Advocate at the beginning of each month, and Avantix in the middle of each month. Between them they cover most parasites including a lot of worms.

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
yes our vet said frontline is not as good as it was. now use stronghold. it really worked for the wifes pom.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Agreed.

Frontline protects from ticks for up to a month. However, we were told it has less side effects than some other treatments. We use it as a matter of course and our vet told us it provides good protection. If, after the first month, a dog picks up ticks, reapply and the tick dies.

For any two vets you will get three opinions!

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
Frontline was useless last year as we had a plague of fleas and ticks due to the warm weather. My vet gave me a new tablet for fleas and ticks that my dogs take once a month and it was brilliant. Sorry but don't know the name but if you asked your vet they would.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Frontline was useless last year as we had a plague of fleas and ticks due to the warm weather. My vet gave me a new tablet for fleas and ticks that my dogs take once a month and it was brilliant. Sorry but don't know the name but if you asked your vet they would.
Comfortis ? That's what mine had. Be aware that they are weight specific tablets.Work excellently.(y)

I've had one of these for the last 14 years.
Broken Link Removed
wonderful piece of kit. You get 2 , one small & one large.
Used to be 3 quid in UK & direct about 5€

Aug 11, 2012
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 1975 on and off.
Advantix protects from sand flies whereas Frontline doesn't. Also carry the twister a worthwhile purchase.

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
it was not the dog that had the worms and ticks .Ian

Join us or log in to post a reply.