Is this Tv suitable for my camper (1 Viewer)

Sep 21, 2013
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since Apr 2013
My daughter has just given me a Bush 19" HD ready LED TV model No L319LED power consumption 42w, which is now redundant as my granddaughter has a big posh Smart TV.

Its powered through a transformer and has a 12volt input at the back of the unit.

As the present Tv system is an old monitor with a Freeview box, and hasn't the right resolution for my lappy to plug into I wish to use this in my camper.

If I do use this will it drain my leisure batteries as it is meant to be used on the mains.

colinw

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Bolton , Lancs.
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Under a year
How much energy does the monitor consume ? . you should just require a 12volt power cord and away you go .

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Should be OK it will draw about 3.5 amps quite high compared to some LED TV's ( our 19" Cello takes 1.5 amp) no more than the slightly older LCD T V's, also that will be max power, you will probably find in use it will take less than 2.5 amps.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Be careful plugging into the 12 volt van plug as some telescope object to the possible14 volts. This is easily overcome with a voltage regulator off good old Ebay

Flipping predictive text------ TELEVISIONS

Spade

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 5, 2014
Funster No
MH
dethleffs
Exp
Still a newbie
Be careful plugging into the 12 volt van plug as some telescope object to the possible14 volts. This is easily overcome with a voltage regulator off good old Ebay

Flipping predictive text------ TELEVISIONS

Hi.would a voltage regulator allow the Tv to be used while the van is driving And the batteries being charged.
Also any chance of a link.
On my phone and eBay search gives me thousands of matches.
Thanks

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Hi.would a voltage regulator allow the Tv to be used while the van is driving And the batteries being charged.
Also any chance of a link.
On my phone and eBay search gives me thousands of matches.
Thanks

Yes is the answer assuming that is what you want to do. Search 12 volt stabilizer on eBay I agree there are lots at £20 plus, the only thing you need to be concerned about is if the jack plug is compatible With your television

Spade

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 5, 2014
Funster No
MH
dethleffs
Exp
Still a newbie
Thanks for the reply.
It would be handy to put on a dvd for the kids while travelling,but I have read that changes in voltage coming from the batteries can vary and damage a tv.
The question is ,how do you find out without doing damage.
My power lead has a 4 pin din connection but thank you for putting me on the right track.

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
image.jpg
We just use the tv from my eldest's bedroom via a cheap inverter ..Didn't see the point in buying another 12 v tv after the last one died. We use it on the move via the 12 v outlet on the dash.
I know people will say its a waste of battery power converting to 240 v but with 2 batteries and solar pannels I'm not worried .I use the inverter when wilding and no probs as yet.The inverter also comes in handy using low power items that aren't 12 v compatible.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back