Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
A bit of a result this year as my daughter has 2 inset days tagged onto the end of her school holidays.

It means we can go away for the last week in August and first week in September.

The difference in site fees is significant(y)

The only decision now is Costa Brava or the Italian Lakes and might only decide when we cross the water.

The best bit is that by then all the Dutch and German teenagers who slouch around the pool will be gone(y)

AMK

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
gainsborough
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Since 2014
Ditto,

We are heading to the Italian lakes, loads cheaper than the high season.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Costa Blanca can be unbearably hot high summer:(

Italian lakes for us......

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
beware the midges in the Italian lakes. teknic 155 said him and wife must have tasted great.

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
We're heading to Italy again (be there in May) for September straight after August bank holiday music festival.
Love Italy.(y)(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Chris

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Costa Blanca can be unbearably hot high summer:(

Italian lakes for us......

It will be Costa Brava for us if we go but that is hot enough in July/ August. In fact we left a day early a few years back because it was too hot.

Sep 2, 2014
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Self-converted Van
Exp
Since 2014
A bit of a result this year as my daughter has 2 inset days tagged onto the end of her school holidays.

It means we can go away for the last week in August and first week in September.

The difference in site fees is significant(y)

The only decision now is Costa Brava or the Italian Lakes and might only decide when we cross the water.

The best bit is that by then all the Dutch and German teenagers who slouch around the pool will be gone(y)

Finally! A parent who is NOT moaning about inset days! You wouldn't believe that grief I get from everyone about all the inconvenience of having to make arrangements for their own children whilst we have inset training! Good to know that sometimes it can be an advantage! (y)

OP
OP
Chris

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Finally! A parent who is NOT moaning about inset days! You wouldn't believe that grief I get from everyone about all the inconvenience of having to make arrangements for their own children whilst we have inset training! Good to know that sometimes it can be an advantage! (y)

They are great for us.

This year is particularly good as they tagged a day onto the end of the May half term too and allows us a Spanish villa holiday ( by car) without any hassle(y)

Sep 2, 2014
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Self-converted Van
Exp
Since 2014
Ah, well, you see. Not many of us are rich solicitors who can afford all those foreign holidays in villas and the like :whistle:;)
Exactly. Many forget that we teachers don't have the luxury of taking foreign holidays when prices are lower! I used to love going to Turkey on all inclusive holidays, a real break for me when our boys were small, but since becoming a teacher could no longer afford the hiked prices in the school holidays. That's why we ended up as caravaners! Now Motorhomers but for the same reason!

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I always thought prices were discounted at lower demand times (like cards and decorations are after Christmas) rather than hiked in the school holidays :whistle::D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back