Free Member
Dec 25, 2007
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
"Since 2005"
Since retiring mrs tick has been on to me to do a bit round the house ie.washing dishes, hoovering, polishing,mowing the lawn,cutting the hedge,ironing and putting the washing out. Tried my best but still I cant do nothing right, dishes are not clean enough,follows me round then does the hoovering again,polishes after ive done it,ironing i burn the bottom of the iron,asked how i would use the washing machine told her "open the door put the washing in, set the washer progeram, put washing up liquid in the tray on the top and set it away" this didnt go down to well especialy the bit about the washing up liquid. How does she expect an old trucker like me to know how to do housework she has done it all her life, I do make a good cup of tea but ive been getting wrong for putting to much sugar in her tea!!! I cant win she has her ways of doing things and that is the way she wants it so why does she go over the things ive done trying to help in the house. WOMAN I will never understand them as long as I live but I would not be without her she is my ROCK. another thing do you polish or hoover first????
fun!!! fun!!! fun!!!

OP
OP
tick59

tick59

Free Member
Dec 25, 2007
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
"Since 2005"
Well can anyone answer the important question "do you hoover first then polish or polish first then hoover"??????? fun!!! fun!!! fun!!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Polish first then Hoover, because you theoretically can make dust polishing so when polishing. (y)

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
oh boy I am glad its not just me. I have one up on you I can make a good cup of tea. and the boss does not use sugar. and she dusts. and I hover.

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
thanks dawn. I think I meant to say hoover. I do hover in the back ground. because I am shy. now I am going to watch the rugby. come on England.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
The real Q here is Dust first then vac, or vac then dust.

I recall a girl in the office getting wed and having the first row of married life with her husband about that very thing.

She like me had been brought up to dust first, ergo dust falls onto floor and you Hoover it up with the dust that was already there anyway.

Whereas her in-laws always did it t'other way about because vacuuming 'kicks up' dust which obviously lands on all the flat surfaces.

Personally I still do it dust first, then vac and only THEN, polish. Then any dust on those flat surfaces sticks to the duster. Job done!

Professional cleaners normally seem to vac first - all the furniture into the middle of the room away from the walls, dust walls and skirtings or even damp wipe those if painted or well, dirty! Vac the floor along all the walls, replace the furniture dusting it as you replace it, and finally vac the middle of the floor. So I spose, that's what we should do really.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Apparently I am incapable of doing ANYTHING correctly.. No matter what it is, from housework to driving to breathing.

Someone in the house is perfect and then there is me..
Best advice I ever got was from Richard ( Scotties ):
John, forget it mate.. Just not and say yes .. it is easier...
So matter what it is, accept you will not do it as required, and then just nod and say yes dear..
Believe me, it works !

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Damn.. forgot !
Apparently you should ( according to SWMBE and indeed Mrs Beatons home management book, you should vacuum first an then dust as the vacuum will raise dust ( personally, I do not give a stuff as I neither vacuum OR dust my shed or workshop !!! )

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
I'm lucky. I'm retired, Mrs W still works, so she's not under my feet to critisise.
I really do bugger all! I am clerk of works (which doesn't include house work) and she is head of finance, admin and domestic affairs.

Almost all pink jobs are done by herself. Very occasionally, I may empty the washing machine and hang washing out, but that is rare and normally only if there's something that I want dry. Don't do cooking, ironing, hoovering or dusting. BUT.....

Last week I laid vinyl in toilet and bathroom ( which is the first time I laid anything for ages :whistle:) did a load of other blue jobs and this coming week, have a load of fence panels to replace.

No; I'm not an MCP but that's the way it's always been for 43 years (on March 4th) so I don't have to worry about whether dusting or hoovering comes first :imoutahere:

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
I think it's very difficult, on both sides, when retiring. I'm lucky as my man is a good cook and has quite a few dishes in his repertoire. We have agreed that whoever cooks, the other one washes up. Ok, so now and again I have to re wash the odd pot or pan. It doesn't matter. There are jobs we women detest.....have a go at cleaning the oven. Bet she would love that. Go and tidy the loft. Take up a hobby together....ballroom dancing? Bowling? Something to enjoy and challenge each other with.

OP
OP
tick59

tick59

Free Member
Dec 25, 2007
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
"Since 2005"
Apparently I am incapable of doing ANYTHING correctly.. No matter what it is, from housework to driving to breathing.

Someone in the house is perfect and then there is me..
Best advice I ever got was from Richard ( Scotties ):
John, forget it mate.. Just not and say yes .. it is easier...
So matter what it is, accept you will not do it as required, and then just nod and say yes dear..
Believe me, it works !

One of the first rules learnt when first married "YES DEAR" fun!!! fun!!! fun!!!

Reactions: DBK
Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
If I'm doing a job, in the house or out, and "darling" tries to horn in,

I down tools and walk away!

There's a lot of half finished jobs around the section:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Hi Greif , You sure that was Ann you met.

Well that's how you introduced her, now you've got me wondering.

Do you often bring along a much younger version to the rallies, doesn't the real Ann get suspicious, and are there no other southern Isle Funsters who could Dob you in?
.......:p

Dec 24, 2009
bedworth warks
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2009 previously a tugger for thirty years
Don't as has been suggested have a joint hobby whatever you. It will only cause you more grief as you know you will not be doing it right.

When we were both working I used to do a lot of the cooking, now I am rarely allowed in the kitchen other than to do the washing up! I do get rejects but she still lets me practice.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back