germany (1 Viewer)

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
dont know Dave, but i bet you need a "Carte" of some description and probably a uniform as well knowing the german love of permits and uniforms:winky:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
looking at bulletguys reply it just aint worth it..

I haven't looked but it rings a bell with a holiday we had a while ago. Hired a boat in Eire on the River Erne. As we chugged along a lot of the other boats were crewed by Germans. In the end I asked why and the answer was that to hire a boat in Germany you have to qualify for a licence.

Sounds like fishing is the same.

Quite right too, do you realise how much damage you can do with a fishing hook ?

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
how the hell can i take an exam when i carnt speek the lingo?
Being serious i would think your best bet is to approach a few fishing locals and chat with them about a casual days fishing somewhere. You will find many german people speak very good english.

Aug 28, 2008
Antwerp /Belgium
Funster No
Exp
why can we not have a euopean fishig rod licence?
Because that would be too simple. Where are European stamps or European gass-bottles, or ...... :Doh:
Don't try to go fishing in Germany without a licence (yes you have to do an exam to get one) for the penalties are very severe :Eeek:

weymard

Free Member
Jan 25, 2009
CHERBOURG NORMANDY
Funster No
MH
US TRUCK CAMPER
Exp
how about other countries ..Belgum,France ,Holland what is needed to fish there?

:Smile: In France, fishing in the Channel :ROFLMAO: you do not need a license, fishing in the river you need a license that you can buy (no examination) to Fédération Française de pêche à la ligne, I think that is not national license but only regional , I am not sure about it. I am hunter no fischer ::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 26, 2016
Preston
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2003
Just an aside you also need a licence for sea fishing in Spain as well as for freshwater.

Apr 26, 2016
Preston
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2003
Should have added you have to apply to Madrid for the Sea Fishing license if I remember rightly.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back