geoff587

Free Member
Feb 13, 2009
Doncaster
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Been motorhoming about 2 years, with a Auto trail Cheyenne 696 g towing a 2 bike Trailer as Motorbikes are the main part of our holiday. Going to Assen for the racing in June followed by 2 weeks in the Black Forest.

Geoff & Debs

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
Been motorhoming about 2 years, with a Auto trail Cheyenne 696 g towing a 2 bike Trailer as Motorbikes are the main part of our holiday. Going to Assen for the racing in June followed by 2 weeks in the Black Forest.

Geoff & Debs

Welcome to FUN Can't wait until the GP's start again and of course Rossi is my man :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Been motorhoming about 2 years, with a Auto trail Cheyenne 696 g towing a 2 bike Trailer Geoff & Debs

Welcome and what's on that trailer ?

Me, VFR750, that stays at home :-(

I can't bring myself to tow a trailer.

But we do carry 2 electric bikes, great fun even with the limited power and range.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Welcome to FUN Can't wait until the GP's start again and of course Rossi is my man :thumb:

Why Rossi ? It's almost too easy for him.

Stoner - honorary Brit and a hell of a rider, just look at other Ducati riders.

But the Cinderella who probably will never make it to the ball is Capirossi. Balls of steel, never gives up, but always the bridesmaid.

It's going to be a difficult year ( and more ) with so few bikes.

Whereas WSB is going to be a stonking year. Brits plus all the old heros. Will Haga finally make it ? Like Capirossi, he gives so much and keeps missing out.

OP
OP
geoff587

geoff587

Free Member
Feb 13, 2009
Doncaster
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Welcome and what's on that trailer ?

Me, VFR750, that stays at home :-(

I can't bring myself to tow a trailer.

But we do carry 2 electric bikes, great fun even with the limited power and range.

Aprillia Tuono 1000 hers
1200 Bandit His .

Rossi is also the man for us, Stoner is one hell of a rider but he has certainly earned his nick name of Moaner. Can,t really bring myself to like him. Colin Edwards an old time favoruite, would like to see Toseland up there but not holding my breath. Certainly agree WSB will be the one to watch this year. :thumb:

OP
OP
geoff587

geoff587

Free Member
Feb 13, 2009
Doncaster
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
On route to Assen 08.

Attachments

• usb 003.jpg
    usb 003.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 16

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Aprillia Tuono 1000 hers
1200 Bandit His .

Don't know the Aprillia, but the bandit - oh boy.

They loaned me one when the VFR went back for a service just after I'd bought it. Never seen nuffin like it ossifer. I blipped the throttle and saw 80 in a 30 zone. I've never experienced that much torque. I very nearly did a swap for the VFR because it went back because I thought it lumpy whereas the Bandit as a turbine on steroids.

6 years on I'm glad I kept the VFR ( my licence seconds this ), the last of the 750 carb machines, it's a bit special in the history of biking and so overengineered. I still get a buzz just walking past it in the garage. One thing we both agreed on after MHing to Venice and back was it would have been more exciting on the bike. It was a bike tour of Scotland that got us buying a MH, we've just about dried out now.

It's strange how many hate Stoner. I think he's just lacking in communication skills, but I don't care, he communicates with a bike well enough for me. What about Laguna Seca last year ? Will anything equal that ? Rossi was The Man but even if Casy got rattled and lost control of his mouth he didn't half put up a good show. Good show, no that doesn't do it justice, it was absolutely (*(*&&*% amazing show from both of them. In a different league on that day.

Toseland, maybe he should stick with the piano. I got his book for Christmas, what a load of bollox, starts with "Look how great I am" then quickly degenerates into excuse after excuse. I don't recall anyone making the jump from WSB to MotoGP and pulling it off, save the remarkable one off of Baylis ride. Loads of big names have been humbled.

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
Why Rossi ? It's almost too easy for him.

Stoner - honorary Brit and a hell of a rider, just look at other Ducati riders.

But the Cinderella who probably will never make it to the ball is Capirossi. Balls of steel, never gives up, but always the bridesmaid.

It's going to be a difficult year ( and more ) with so few bikes.

Whereas WSB is going to be a stonking year. Brits plus all the old heros. Will Haga finally make it ? Like Capirossi, he gives so much and keeps missing out.

Well yes agree on all counts, used to go to WSB at Brands but moved to Wales and haven't been since.
Hope you enjoy Assen have a great time and I will be watching from the settee in darkest deepest Wales :thumb:

OP
OP
geoff587

geoff587

Free Member
Feb 13, 2009
Doncaster
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Suprised about your comparison of the VFR to a Bandit, I went from a Bandit to a VFR800 a few years ago and was suprised how I was doing 125 mph when I thought I was doing about 80. Never took to the VFR though (even though it was voted best bike on the planet) so went Yamaha 1000 but back to Bandit.
Agree about the 750 , hold on to it , going to be collectable / classic.
The Tuono 1000 my other half rides makes the Bandit seem like a 250. It produced 126 bhp on the Dyno and she rides like a mad women. Look Tuono up on google :thumb:

Hoping Sykes will do well in WSB , and one of my favourite riders Ruben Xaus who rides like Tonto. Hope I,m not turning a Motorhome Forum into a bikers forum .:Blush:

Last edited:
OP
OP
geoff587

geoff587

Free Member
Feb 13, 2009
Doncaster
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Dylan where in Wales are you, near some good biking roads:thumb: (but not Brunstom )

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Suprised about your comparison of the VFR to a Bandit, I went from a Bandit to a VFR800 a few years ago and was suprised how I was doing 125 mph when I thought I was doing about 80.

Yes it is loping along at 125 but the Bandit was just sheer amazement low down. It was probably two blips in a build up area and then a look down, "Christ", brake. All of 5 seconds that could have cost me my licence if Mr Plod had been there with his laser.

I don't think anyone will object at some bike chat. Bikes of one form or another are very much a part of Motorhoming and this is a lovely laid back forum where people, most of the time, behave like bikers, friendly FUN people, always ready to help a mate out.

>> The Tuono 1000 my other half rides makes the Bandit seem like a 250.
>> It produced 126 bhp on the Dyno and she rides like a mad women.

Awesome. Someone mentioned Wales, best stay away from there then. Italy is the place. Overtake an Alpha with Brit plates and watch as he instantly switches to "death or glory" mode to follow. It's a cruel sport, but so much fun.

OP
OP
geoff587

geoff587

Free Member
Feb 13, 2009
Doncaster
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
The Tuono is an Italian Bike (Tuono = Thunder in Italain ) and Deborah wants to ride it there. But got Bavaria to explore first.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
The Tuono is an Italian Bike (Tuono = Thunder in Italain ) and Deborah wants to ride it there. But got Bavaria to explore first.

I have an unashamed passion for Italy. First long bike trip to Lake Maggiore to watch Foggy at Monza. Italy has everything, the most magnificent lakes, mountains and beaches all with a warm Italian style.

So, in my view Bavaria is excellent, it provides a route into Italy :)

A few years ago we rode to Rome via Maggiore. We made the mistake of taking the coast road south on a summer Saturday. Total gridlock, then after a minute of cursing in the heat, wooooooosh, a bike passes on the hard shoulder, then another, another, then us. Mile after mile. No-one complained. You can barely comprehend the grin on our faces. We stopped in Florence for a few days, magnificent tourist trap then on to ancient Rome which defies belief what they built 2000 years ago.

When it does make it home you will be very satisfied.

We did Venice and back last year by MH, it's a very MH friendly country. And not too far, we took 2 stops before arriving in Monza for WSB, which a tale and a half in itself.

kickstart

Free Member
Dec 13, 2008
south yorkshire, Benidorm
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
4 years
Hi Geoff & Debs, and welcome to the friendliest forum on the net (I think everyone on here is biker friendly) I will watch out for you at Assen, always a great atmosphere, we are only in Swinton so may pass you on route to Hull...[/SIZE:roflmto:

kickstart

Free Member
Dec 13, 2008
south yorkshire, Benidorm
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
4 years
Hi Geoff & Debs, and welcome to the friendliest forum on the net (I think everyone on here is biker friendly) I will watch out for you at Assen, always a great atmosphere, we are only in Swinton so may pass you on route to Hull..:Smile:

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
Dylan where in Wales are you, near some good biking roads:thumb: (but not Brunstom )

5 miles from Llandovery on the A483. Bikers cafe in Llandovery The West End draws hundreds of bikers every weekend and yes great biking roads. :thumb:

OP
OP
geoff587

geoff587

Free Member
Feb 13, 2009
Doncaster
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Thanks again to all for the warm welcome, Harleyjohn how many guesses to I get to what bike you ride :Smile:
Kickstart, going to Assen Sunday 21st from Hull , staying at Witterzommer within walking distance to the Track. Stayed there last year , Noisy but great Atmosphere.

Hilldweller, you have got me thinking about Monza next year now, have you got a write up about it on the forum anywhere ?

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Hilldweller, you have got me thinking about Monza next year now, have you got a write up about it on the forum anywhere ?

Oh I ramble on and on about it but no fixed blog.

If you know what a bikers' campsite is like you know half of it. Monza is a park with lots of trees, the campsite is a big field with loads of trees and EHU points. Right next to the main straight. Clearly visible on Google Earth though there's nothing much to see on the campsite, look for the chicane on the main straight and it's just the other side of the armco.

A problem is that they don't have marked pitches or a booking system so we got there on the Thursday when it was almost deserted. By Friday night you could hardly get another vehicle in. I think BMW GSs were the biggest in number. One guy had ridden in from Australia on one. What a character he was. He'd taken a year off work, was continuing to Whitby to meet up with his girlfriend and then they were off across Russia to Mongolia on separate bikes.

Actually Monza is a crap spectator circuit due to the trees.

I've just dumped a few pictures of Monza and our next call Garda here:

Link Removed

One day I'll tidy it up, but not today, got to fit a timing belt on my daughter's Astra.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back