Does this extension cable look good value (1 Viewer)

dippingatoe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jul 23, 2013
UK
Funster No
MH
Thor Damon Daybreak 27P
Exp
jan 2014
Broken Link Removed

Does this look good quality and sensibly priced?

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
what would you do with it though, it is presumably designed for people with tents

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: GJH

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
3 x 13a sockets with a 10a mcb....hope it isnt over sensitive.
Aldi have them on special from time to time.....and the camping season is coming.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Read the reviews...
people are struggling to get three plugs in due to the sockets being aligned vertically..

Re aligning the sockets by 90deg may resolve..

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Read the reviews...
people are struggling to get three plugs in due to the sockets being aligned vertically..

Re aligning the sockets by 90deg may resolve..
My thoughts exactly Jim, price is good but socket alignment poorly thought out.don't know if its possible to realign by 90° probably not but prepared to stand corrected. Roy

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I suspect it would have been originally designed for two pin plugs so the alignment wouldn't have been a problem.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
My thoughts exactly Jim, price is good but socket alignment poorly thought out.don't know if its possible to realign by 90° probably not but prepared to stand corrected. Roy

Should be possible.. according to this reply..

Like other reviewers have found we could not use all three sockets at the same time - which is surely the point of buying this item. If the sockets had been orientated 90 degrees, there would be no problem, so why didn't Crusader make it this way? Another item designed by someone who doesn't camp?

GO Outdoors says: Hi Iain, thanks for your review. We do offer the Delta, with the sockets offset to avoid this problem, although it does cost a little more. We have informed Crusader of your comments regarding the socket shape. Thanks, The Web Team

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
Sue you don't need that type of lead for an RV - you just need a power lead to plug your RV into the mains then all the sockets and trips are already in your RV.

That unit is made for people tenting or with small units with no power hook up

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Sue you don't need that type of lead for an RV - you just need a power lead to plug your RV into the mains then all the sockets and trips are already in your RV.

ohh.. I dunno 'bout that.. there is an Rv owner on here who says he uses TWO EHU supplies.. :rolleyes:

how he manages that I've no idea.. just hope he is aware of the potential danger from possibly having two different phase's in his van :eek:

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
An external socket on the side of the MH next to where you sit out is a nice to have. Alternatively, run an extension lead out through a window or door - but this leaves a gap for mozzie etc to get in.

Most RV's have external sockets for use outside . Most campsites will only allocate one hookup per unit unless you pay more. If you unplug the RV to plug that in then things like fridges will be running on gas or 12 volt RV's are not power hungry contrary to popular belief but are best hooked up if possible saving gas etc

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
ohh.. I dunno 'bout that.. there is an Rv owner on here who says he uses TWO EHU supplies.. :rolleyes:

how he manages that I've no idea.. just hope he is aware of the potential danger from possibly having two different phase's in his van :eek:

As you say a potential disaster waiting to happen as well as giving RV's a bad name with site owners.

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
An external socket on the side of the MH next to where you sit out is a nice to have. Alternatively, run an extension lead out through a window or door - but this leaves a gap for mozzie etc to get in.

Something like this : http://www.plsgroup.co.uk/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=39

I had an additional socket fitted into the nearside locker when I bought my van,its the best extra I have .just drop the locker door down and plug in your little extension cable and away you go..

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Different than I saw about 5 years ago on a site near Loughborough - two 16amp tails into one 32amp then a heavy lead into the RV !!!

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005

He'll only have two phases for a split second Jim.

unless one is for the 110v side via the stepdown transformer and one for the 230v side via seperate consumer unit.

OP
OP
dippingatoe

dippingatoe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jul 23, 2013
UK
Funster No
MH
Thor Damon Daybreak 27P
Exp
jan 2014
Thanks for all the input - very helpful. I had my doubts about it which is why I posted, so its a definite no now. :)

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
ive seen an rv with two leads one was purely to run the air con which was on a seperate circuit or so he seemed to be telling in dutch

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back