M O T/W O F/ PINK SLIP Whatever! (1 Viewer)

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
"IT" goes in tomorrow, MOT and service, spent the last couple of days getting rid of the winter neglect. "IT" is looking good!

Fingers crossed!

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Summer fun car goes for MOT on Tuesday. I need to see if I can convince the battery to charge before hand so that it will move without a jump start :confused:

Wickolad

Free Member
Sep 10, 2013
Wickersley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie to MH, 20yrs+ Caravanning.
I was giving mine the once over on Monday and discovered MOT ran out on 2nd Feb, I had believed it to be due in April.:( Booked it in for first thing Tuesday and luckily it sailed through...... What a relief as we are off in it tomorrow.:):)
I hope yours does the same rangitira (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I was giving mine the once over on Monday and discovered MOT ran out on 2nd Feb, I had believed it to be due in April.:( Booked it in for first thing Tuesday and luckily it sailed through...... What a relief as we are off in it tomorrow.:):)
I hope yours does the same rangitira (y)
What a coincidence, ours is 2nd February as well :)
I have a reminder on my phone to give Paul, our mechanic, a ring mid December. We fix the service & MoT for his first job after the Christmas/New Year break so as to give time for any repairs, just in case. Once Paul has done that I book the van in for its habitation service so everything is done in January and we can look forward to the rest of the year (y)

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
our mechanic

Indeed old chap!........so comforting to have one's own mechanic...."Brabinger...fetch my coat"

:wink:
:)

Reactions: GJH

Wickolad

Free Member
Sep 10, 2013
Wickersley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie to MH, 20yrs+ Caravanning.
Paul, our mechanic
Ditto :rofl::rofl: There must just be a lot of Paul the Mechanics. Well, my next MOT now due 23rd Feb, if I do the same for the next 12 years, I'll have got 1 free. I just couldn't stand the pressure and feeling of panick knowing it had expired. Its not that it is on the road or anything as its securely on my drive. Its the Insurance etc, any excuse or loop to avoid paying you out if anything went wrong. MOT, VEL and Tyres, first check everytime. :restmycase:

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
I am lucky one of my sons is a teknic. so he does all my work. he puts my van straight in, then see what it fails on then fixes that. so far never failed. but he says you cant tell what a mot twit will fail it on.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Indeed old chap!........so comforting to have one's own mechanic...."Brabinger...fetch my coat"

:wink:
:)
Ditto :rofl::rofl: There must just be a lot of Paul the Mechanics. Well, my next MOT now due 23rd Feb, if I do the same for the next 12 years, I'll have got 1 free. I just couldn't stand the pressure and feeling of panick knowing it had expired. Its not that it is on the road or anything as its securely on my drive. Its the Insurance etc, any excuse or loop to avoid paying you out if anything went wrong. MOT, VEL and Tyres, first check everytime. :restmycase:
Paul is someone we have known for over 25 years, since he was doing his apprenticeship. Properly trained and has now passed on his skills to his nephew who works with him. He has also bought a motorhome since seeing ours :)

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Paul is someone we have known for over 25 years, since he was doing his apprenticeship. Properly trained and has now passed on his skills to his nephew who works with him. He has also bought a motorhome since seeing ours :)

I know Graham, you've mentioned him before(y) - just kidding

MOT for my van today - Passed first go! - advisories... 'undersealed' (from new)
and plastic 'under-trays' still there after 24 years preventing further inspection

(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back