LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
With prices this cheap on the Continent, it should be easy to sell them.
Broken Link Removed

This converts to less than £29.000 for a NEW Van. VAT Paid

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Ooops! Sorry.

I thought Bundesvan were a German outfit.:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
We thought about using them when considering buying a Globecar as they are importers of European motorhomes see Link Removed . Seen good feedback online about them but no personal experience.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
We viewed a couple of vans with Nick - but didn't buy. He trades from home.

We wouldn't have had any concerns buying from him - very honest and straight. Very good feedback if you google.

Warranty is via an insurance (can't remember what it's called MB something?)

Didn't @Mousy just buy from him?

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Nick Legg has been running Bundesvan for many years and although I have never had any dealings with him, I have never heard of any negative feedback. I remember reading a blog by a long-terming couple who decided what sort of motorhome they wanted, then asked Bundesvan to source it for them - cannot remember their name now. Their report was very positive.
Here is a recent post by a Funster praising good service from Bundesvan - perhaps send Mousy a pm and ask for more info.
Bundesvan good service.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Nick is one of the most straight, honest, decent men I have ever met. Since starting in 1990, I have heard complaints about "most" dealers, but never a bad word spoken about Bundesvan

Eddie

s7ev0

Funster
May 31, 2010
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit
Exp
Since 2009
I know some folks go back to Bundesvan every time they want to change their van. Repeat custom speaks volumes.

Steve

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
As lenny said a dead easy DIY job!
Van I'm looking at down 5k with current exchange rate and over all 15 to 20k cheaper than buying here......its a no brainer

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Hi, yes we bought our Hymer from Nick last month. Very happy with both the van and his service, I have recommended him to a few Funsters. As has already been said, he is straightforward, reliable, knowledgeable and spent loads of time answering our numerous questions.
He bent over backwards to help us both before and after the sale and I'd have no hesitation from buying from him again.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
He is not a charity.....money better in my pocket! for something I can go and bring back myself the same day if necessary....

OP
OP
Dorset Diver
Dec 23, 2014
South Somerset
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line I 50
Exp
Since 2009
I'm looking to buy new to a specific specification. Not sure I want to try working this out with a German dealer, or is it really that easy?

DD

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Most German dealer have English speaking staff, Belgium prices are similar and easier to get a van home from there. Brought both our Hymer's in Belgium.

Portland

Free Member
Oct 31, 2013
Conwy
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
20 years
Nick is unusual ! He does what he says, talks straight. I would not hesitate to deal with him and OK he doesn't do it for nothing but this is how he earns his crust, no one can work for nothing. He's checked out vans for me and given me good advise.(y)

OP
OP
Dorset Diver
Dec 23, 2014
South Somerset
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line I 50
Exp
Since 2009
Most German dealer have English speaking staff, Belgium prices are similar and easier to get a van home from there. Brought both our Hymer's in Belgium.

Hi lennyhb,

Did you buy new and register the vehicle in the UK yourself? If so how easy was it?

BR

DD

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Van I'm looking at down 5k with current exchange rate and over all 15 to 20k cheaper than buying here......its a no brainer

I've been looking on Mobil de and don't see price savings like this...
but of course I'm looking second hand.. I assume that is a new van ?

there is certainly more choice in Germany but the prices don't look much cheaper than UK.. by the time you add in the cost of travel, hotels etc , getting it back and converting the lights etc to get through an MOT before registering with DVLA .. you may not be any better off

happy to be proved wrong, I just don't see it's worth the hassle unless the van you want is only available in Germany .. ie .. perhaps an RMB

If Bundesvan can do it all that saves me a lot of hassle, so I'd be quite happy to pay the guy for his work..

each to their own.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Yes new, what's the point of used at current prices. But happy with a nearly new. You have to negotiate, and ignore the advertised price..it's a completely different market!

Where is the hassle....its real easy. Worrying about all the ifs and buts where most stumble. Helped two on here before christmas with the process, and they are first timers, and pleased as punch with the result....

in reality it's a pretty simple process. Can be there and back in a day if need be, flights dirt cheap. I can get to dusseldorf for £35

Plus current exchange rates makes it a no brainer as far as I'm concerned

10k saving on a PVC. A lot more on an A class The cathargo im looking at for the future 52k but 66k here :(

Used, a bit different IF you can find a good LHD at right price here..but its a big if.

Last edited:

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
You are right Jim when you say that I/We are mainly talking New as opposed to second hand BUT;
Because of the exchange rate its got to the point where a NEW Hobby Siesta is €40000. Thats £30000. I paid not a lot less than that for a Hobby several years old.
Broken Link Removed
It's also fair enough to point out thast it isn't as easy to travel to Germany/Belgium as say 20miles down the road, BUT, it's hardly hard work and it would seem that current thinking is to relieve us of a shedful of money for doing what is hardly a difficult operation.

Given the opportunity when it's time to change, I will taking a serious look at buying abroad.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Exactly! Just looking at Cathago dealers in Belgium and spotted a few likely vans for Jim to look at. Loads more on these sites....A brand new Challanger (nice vans nearly went for one) for approx £30k . And on second site who has a lot of used, a 2005 Knaus A class for £22k

Belgium a good place to buy motorhomes as prices as keenly priced as Germany and dealer will drive to port for you, so no third party risk as with most firms offering export plates. Any problems and you can pop in when going on holidays and get cheap yearly damp checks at same time.....

Just a snap shot...Loads of quality vans at good prices!

Broken Link Removed

A 2007 Chaussuan over cab for £20k
Broken Link Removed

Loads of Euramobil
Broken Link Removed

2008 hymer B 674 for £40k ( offer £35k to open negotiations)
Broken Link Removed

http://www.urbano.be/nl/#

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back